Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn's daughter is growing up...

@suziebee1   I'm sure it's possible.  Some people adopt children based on the color of their eyes/hair to get similarities, so it's possible.   In the case of Shawn and Jagger, I don't see any resemblance at all. especially since Jagger seems to be of a different ethnicity.  She's an adorable little girl and Shawn and Joe love her very much which is all that counts.

Super Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@suziebee1   I'm sure it's possible.  Some people adopt children based on the color of their eyes/hair to get similarities, so it's possible.   In the case of Shawn and Jagger, I don't see any resemblance at all. especially since Jagger seems to be of a different ethnicity.  She's an adorable little girl and Shawn and Joe love her very much which is all that counts.

I agree.  My daughter is Asian and I am Caucasian, so it is possible.

Respected Contributor

It’s a very sweet of picture of the 2 of them , however, I don’t see any resemblance at all. The daughter is Hispanic (possibly Mexican) and Shawn is Caucasian.
Honored Contributor

@January121   That's why I felt so surprised how much of her seems to resemble Shawn.  

Respected Contributor

Sligo: She's adopted!!!!! No genentic hertiage with Shawn.

Frequent Contributor

She is absolutely "adorable" and I actually see her eyes and smile which are similar to "Shawn"!.........It's amazing how fast time flies by and how fast they grow up so quickly!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband's twin nephews are adopted. One resembles mom and one favors dad.  It's the mannerisms and it's amazing.

My children are of several mixed races. I am Eastern European and my hubs has all kinds of ethnicity in his family. They are olive skinned with beautiful black wavy hair.  I do not think any of them look like me but coworkers say my daughter definitely does...just an "olive toned" version of me...ha!

Respected Contributor

Even though she is adopted I do see a resemblance in the nose and mouth.  

I remember many years ago a woman showed me a picture of her daughter.  I said that she was pretty and looked like her.  She was beaming because I told her her daughter looked like her.  I later found out that her daughter was adopted.  

Honored Contributor

Glad to see she is growing up. She looks to be kindergarten age to me.

Respected Contributor

We see what we want to see.