Regular Contributor

Re: Shawn's Style Has Changed

On 3/3/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 3/2/2014 JamicaJammer said:

Definitely looking pregnant, and stopping with the hair bleach (which I also stopped with each pregnancy), so I figure that's why the change of style.

I don't think she is pregnant, just looks that way because of the clothes she wears.

The thing that really bothers me about Shawn is when she is hosting a beauty show, she swears she uses the makeup and it is obvious that she does not because her makeup is awful. It is to light for her and the light pink lips make her look really old. She also swears she uses the hair products but her hair always looks like a dried out hay stack.

She is probably a very nice person but she is not a good representative for the products she sells. The Valley girl talking and persona need to go. She needs to grow up and act like an adult, especially when on air. She can act like a silly teenager at home but not on TV.

Agree totally. Everyone has their favorite hosts and there are some I prefer over others, but Shawn is the only one I always turn OFF without fail. She's just a mess. Period.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry for saying this also but I thought Shawnee Sue was or is preggers. I hope she is!

Respected Contributor

I enjoy Shawn as a host. Since she has married she dresses in a more sophisticated manner. Both were fine.

Regular Contributor

On 2/9/2014 upsidedown said:
On 2/1/2014 Sooner said:

QVC probably provided a memo.

Ha! QVC needs to provide a stylist, not a memo! I would think having stylists work with hosts before they go on the air would make the entire channel look more current and fresh; it is a new year so it would be a great time to start making some updates...nothing drastic...but at least have some stylists help hosts look fresh and put together before they go on the air..........I think hosts would have more credibility if they dressed like they were knowledgeable regarding basic style.

Maria McCool is not only their hair stylist, she is their overall stylist. I've heard a number of hosts talk about her helping them pick clothing and accessories to wear on air, Shawn and Kiersten to name two.

Respected Contributor

On 3/16/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:
On 2/9/2014 upsidedown said:
On 2/1/2014 Sooner said:

QVC probably provided a memo.

Ha! QVC needs to provide a stylist, not a memo! I would think having stylists work with hosts before they go on the air would make the entire channel look more current and fresh; it is a new year so it would be a great time to start making some updates...nothing drastic...but at least have some stylists help hosts look fresh and put together before they go on the air..........I think hosts would have more credibility if they dressed like they were knowledgeable regarding basic style.

Maria McCool is not only their hair stylist, she is their overall stylist. I've heard a number of hosts talk about her helping them pick clothing and accessories to wear on air, Shawn and Kiersten to name two.

I made a comment about Shawn looking the other night, she had on lip color. Said I still do not care for her but her face looked softer with the lip color. Anyway I for some reason got poofed. The whole thread and there was honestly nothing bad on it. Guess I just offended someone in my responses. I apologize for any comments made that offended anyone.

I will try to more careful and considerate in the future with my comments. On that note, it is a beautiful day today to be outside!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Well, if Shawn has a stylist, I bet it isn't Lori Goldstein! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Regular Contributor

On 2/1/2014 lime1 said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}I have always liked Shawn, but sometimes her clothing choices got a lot of bad reviews( I have made some myself). The last few times I have watched her, she was dressed like the beautiful professional woman she is. I didn't see all the kooky get-ups she used to put on, 5 layers of nothing that looked good, looking like a pre teen that got dressed in the dark. I wanted to let her know the improvement was a hit with me, and give her 5 stars for looking her age and showing off how beautiful she is, she gets a lot of negative comments, she deserves some positive ones for her new(I hope it continues) look.

I agree. Her styling is very updated...love it. And, she is adorable!