Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn's Style Has Changed

I used to have a boyfriend when I was in high school. He used to say, "Variety is the spice of life". (He meant it in a different way).

However, I think that applies to sweet Sean. I enjoy her difference. When my girls were growing up their favorite book was "Amelia Bedelia".

Sean kinda reminds me of good old Amelia. She looks at the world a little sideways and I think that's a good thing.

I hope Sean grows old working some way with QVC, or at least as long as she wants to work for QVC.

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 2/4/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I think it's fairly common for hosts to change their style several times over the years. I started watching when Mary Beth was on all the time and had very young kids. I remember one time she was telling everyone that she went to see a professional stylist (maybe in NYC?) who recommended hair and wardrobe changes. I think Kathy Levine did as well.

To be honest, I thought Shawn's kooky style fit her personality to a 'T'. Now that she's married, though, she may be more focused and mature in her new life, so her recent changes may better represent the person she has become.

I will agree Shawn did look good and professional for awhile BUT she is back to her awful way of dressing and GOOD LORD will someone PLEASE put some lipstick on her. She has the absolute worst makeup of any of the Host's.

Your post is late by at least a month.
Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2014 StuffyBug said:
On 2/9/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 2/4/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I think it's fairly common for hosts to change their style several times over the years. I started watching when Mary Beth was on all the time and had very young kids. I remember one time she was telling everyone that she went to see a professional stylist (maybe in NYC?) who recommended hair and wardrobe changes. I think Kathy Levine did as well.

To be honest, I thought Shawn's kooky style fit her personality to a 'T'. Now that she's married, though, she may be more focused and mature in her new life, so her recent changes may better represent the person she has become.

I will agree Shawn did look good and professional for awhile BUT she is back to her awful way of dressing and GOOD LORD will someone PLEASE put some lipstick on her. She has the absolute worst makeup of any of the Host's.

Your post is late by at least a month.

Late post or not she was dressing professional and now she is not, her hair is a mess along with the rest of her.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor

I have always liked her style, but I think she looks extra pretty lately. I like the darker hair and the lipstick w/some color in it.

Honored Contributor

I quit watching QVC mainly due to Shawn...I just could not stand her bag-lady sense of style and her oxygen-deprived makeup look....I am sure she thinks she looks good but there is not a host who has been in more desperate need of a makeover and stylist...if she has looked better recently, that is very good news! Just some color on her lips would make her look alive instead of ill.....would like to see her also get an updated manicure and get rid of the awful fake square white nails....very 1990s......if she is making improvements then I say good for her! I hope her marriage is going well and she is perhaps wanting to update her look so she doesn't look older but looks more current.......

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2014 Sooner said:

QVC probably provided a memo.

Ha! QVC needs to provide a stylist, not a memo! I would think having stylists work with hosts before they go on the air would make the entire channel look more current and fresh; it is a new year so it would be a great time to start making some updates...nothing drastic...but at least have some stylists help hosts look fresh and put together before they go on the air..........I think hosts would have more credibility if they dressed like they were knowledgeable regarding basic style.

Valued Contributor

The biggest problem I have with her is that hair.
I just don't get the long black roots thing at all!

Either go dark or go light, not Technicolor..

If it's the style, it scares me!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

She has NO style...The other night she was hawking a hair product and said she uses it all the time, well people let me tell you if her hair is what you look like using the product I don't want it.....Yes the nails are dated, the roots are to dark, the no makeup look makes her look much older and her clothes are hideous. Her entire persona on screen is that of a child. She needs to go behind the camera not in front of it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2014 upsidedown said:

I quit watching QVC mainly due to Shawn...I just could not stand her bag-lady sense of style and her oxygen-deprived makeup look....I am sure she thinks she looks good but there is not a host who has been in more desperate need of a makeover and stylist...if she has looked better recently, that is very good news! Just some color on her lips would make her look alive instead of ill.....would like to see her also get an updated manicure and get rid of the awful fake square white nails....very 1990s......if she is making improvements then I say good for her! I hope her marriage is going well and she is perhaps wanting to update her look so she doesn't look older but looks more current.......

I agree. I'm here reading posts more than watching those sad clowns trying to desperately push substandard products. The recently acquired employees are really obnoxious, I can't understand how anyone can describe Shawn as "sweet". What's with that??

Super Contributor

I agree, the few times I've watched Shawn, I could see the change and it's very becoming. I believe Shawn is aware of the comments regarding her hair makeup and clothing choices; and I applaud her decision to take some of the criticism to heart and change her "look". She is mindful of how other see her and understands how important it is to appeal to an audience of women, she looks great.