Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn's Style Has Changed

No, I don't see her enough to pay attention either. However, there seems to be a lot of agreement that she has changed for the better. I think it is important that the host has some appeal to the audience so maybe QVC has provided a stylist to help her.

Honored Contributor

QVC probably provided a memo.

Esteemed Contributor

That's a good 'heads up' for all of us. Perhaps we should change slightly each year to flow with the times. Encouraged me to be more aware of my style.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2014 proofer said:

I've noticed also the improvement.

Same here and her hair looks so much better.

Respected Contributor

Shawn and Antonella both seem to have changed their style up a bit. I enjoy watching both of them more than any other host, before or after the change in style.

Super Contributor

I can't bear earing Antonella's cackle. If I come across a presentation she's doing, I turn off my television, or change the channel. Honestly, some day she's going to be very surprised to find she's laid an egg but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Respected Contributor

I think it's fairly common for hosts to change their style several times over the years. I started watching when Mary Beth was on all the time and had very young kids. I remember one time she was telling everyone that she went to see a professional stylist (maybe in NYC?) who recommended hair and wardrobe changes. I think Kathy Levine did as well.

To be honest, I thought Shawn's kooky style fit her personality to a 'T'. Now that she's married, though, she may be more focused and mature in her new life, so her recent changes may better represent the person she has become.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I think it's fairly common for hosts to change their style several times over the years. I started watching when Mary Beth was on all the time and had very young kids. I remember one time she was telling everyone that she went to see a professional stylist (maybe in NYC?) who recommended hair and wardrobe changes. I think Kathy Levine did as well.

To be honest, I thought Shawn's kooky style fit her personality to a 'T'. Now that she's married, though, she may be more focused and mature in her new life, so her recent changes may better represent the person she has become.

I will agree Shawn did look good and professional for awhile BUT she is back to her awful way of dressing and GOOD LORD will someone PLEASE put some lipstick on her. She has the absolute worst makeup of any of the Host's.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 2/1/2014 graycatsrule said:

I like Shawn regardless, but she has looked more polished lately.

Agreed
Valued Contributor

Gotta love that girl. I wish I could get away with wearing some of the outfits that she puts together!!!