Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn on vacation again?

I miss the old Shawn. The short hair cute trendy girl who loved fashion and was LRs muse. It showed. I dont know what happened to her spunk
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
I miss the old Shawn. The short hair cute trendy girl who loved fashion and was LRs muse. It showed. I dont know what happened to her spunk

I would think between taking care of her child, being a wife and and daughter. Her spunk might have got up and left.   Try to imagine working and then going home and taking care of a husband and child and parents.  There probably isn't much time for Shawn to recharge herself. 

Might I add the definition of muse --

A muse is someone who engages the artist on an intellectual level, spurring him or her to run with creative ideas that someone else wouldn't really understand. To be a muse, encourage the artist to explore more deeply, rather than pulling back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wasn't there another thread about Shawn started by someone else before this one?  And that other person is responding on here too.. strange but I saw a thread and can't find it.  Awhh haaa there it was, the word muse and LR..  I am thinking someone has a few spare nics.   hmmmmmmmm

Really, who cares if a host is vacationing again or not?

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I dont understand the obsession with hosts vacations or time off.  Do you go to any other employers and ask about their workers vacation?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And here ya go.  Someone on another thread is complaining about Shawn being on too much and the people complain when she's on vacation.  It doesn't matter to me how much time anyone else gets for vacation and I'm not sure why that would matter to anyone.   Unless there is something special going on, Shawn has a pretty set schedule that includes her being on air 4 evenings a week. I have also seen her on Q2 if there is special event programming on Q that she isn't hosting like a cooking day, etc. 

According to her social media, Shawn was not on vacation last week.  Her parents were at her home and were ill so Shawn stayed home to take care of them.

As an aside, I do not believe it is true that hosts belong to SAG/AFTRA.  A couple of hosts were asked that question and responded no.  I also have heard a host on HSN say that all hosts start off with 4 weeks vacation.  Not sure if that is still the case or not. 

Respected Contributor

There are days when I wish the only thing I had to think about was when people I don't even know take their vacation time.  What a luxury that would be to have not a care in the world but to have so much time to put my nose into other people's affairs!

Surely there is someone at QVC keeping track of the hosts' time off.  Why this knowledge or speculation is any of anyone else's business, is totally beyond me.

QVC Customer Care