Super Contributor

Re: Shawn on ""The Soup"" again

Why would she call the rings stupid or dumb?? That sounds incredibly unprofessional, rude and disrespectful to anyone who has bought the ring. If I had bought the ring after hearing her say that, I would return it. Makes her sound like a used car salesman who really doesn't like the products just saying anything to sell them. Sickening.

Regular Contributor

On 3/11/2015 BonnieBelle said:

Why would she call the rings stupid or dumb?? That sounds incredibly unprofessional, rude and disrespectful to anyone who has bought the ring. If I had bought the ring after hearing her say that, I would return it. Makes her sound like a used car salesman who really doesn't like the products just saying anything to sell them. Sickening.

You're missing the context. I didn't see the presentation but I'm betting it went something like this:

Shawn: "I know it's just a dumb ring but something like this really helps me because......."

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, talk about tearing somebody apart. I can't believe this thread is still here. Shawn is a human being, after all, and I personally think she's very sincere in most of what she says. (And talking about sincerity in sales people - at least she hasn't brought down the entire U.S. economy!) She is quirky and "different", and I'll bet she would be a terrific and fun friend. What a boring world we would have if everyone were the same.

I would love to see some people on the forums do her job for about a week, video tape it and show it to everyone here. Then everyone could pick each other apart over it. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

And no, no one made me the board monitor, I'm expressing my personal opinion.

Regular Contributor

On 3/8/2015 taja123 said:

That the Q thinks Shawn's inspirational talks will sell jewelry, shows how utterly out of touch they are. I agree the Q will take any kind of free publicity they can get, positive or negative, but it's all done at Shawn's expense. Isaac does the same thing with Shawn, using her as his ignorant background to show how smart he is. Either Shawn is too dense to realize this, or doesn't mind. I don't watch her inspirational talks for even two seconds. I take these things seriously and find she insults with her "stories."

But they DO SELL. See above, 're: sheep/insincerity.
Honored Contributor

What was really said was her admitting to embellishing the facts on the shoes Isaac was selling yesterday. She was talking about the cushioning of the sole and mentioned several things, including gel. Isaac immediately corrected her that there was no gel in the insole. She said something to the effect…"oh, I'm just embellishing"! Wonder how much of that applies to other of her presentations!!!!!

Honored Contributor

A salesperson admitting she's embellishing? Not smart. How then can you ever truly believe what she's saying?!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Shawn is a sweetie, I love her quirkiness.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Krimpette said:

What was really said was her admitting to embellishing the facts on the shoes Isaac was selling yesterday. She was talking about the cushioning of the sole and mentioned several things, including gel. Isaac immediately corrected her that there was no gel in the insole. She said something to the effect…"oh, I'm just embellishing"! Wonder how much of that applies to other of her presentations!!!!!

That's just great, misrepresenting the products. Maybe she will be selling sterling as platinum next. At least Issac had the integrity to correct her.

Super Contributor

I don't watch QVC much, anymore, but it seems whenever I do turn it on - ay or night, it seems, Shawn is always the host. I'm hoping it is just a coincidence.

Respected Contributor

Hearing a lie is mandatory. Believing it is optional.

Don't worry, be Happy!