Contributor

Re: Shawn on ""The Soup"" again

3/7/2015 wildcat fan said: If you were a host, and your producer told you that you had to talk about the rings for 10-15 minutes, what would you say? Sometimes I think they come up with the stories because they're told they have to talk a certain amount of time. I'm a fan of short presentations. Just quickly provide details, show a close-up of the item, then move on to something else.

I totally agree, wildcat fan, regarding the lengths of presentations. I think all the presentations (particularly the tsv's, like todays Bose stereo) are way too long. If someone is interested in a certain product, they can check it out online. Also not a fan of testimonial phone calls. They are borderline ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

I caught that segment and all I can say is "cringeworthy."

Honestly, the story just went on and on. So contrived and so painful to listen to. But, I could not turn away out of disbelief.

Find a new way to sell the ring -- please.

Honored Contributor

Say what you will, they've sold a heck of a lot of those rings. I don't see The Soup, but I did get to see her star planet convo with Isaac Mizrahi on Jon Stewart Moment of Zen.

Honored Contributor

I concur with the others who point out that controversy breeds curiosity, and that gets more viewers. That must be the method to their madness, agree with it or not. (And l don't!)
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 depglass said:

Say what you will, they've sold a heck of a lot of those rings. I don't see The Soup, but I did get to see her star planet convo with Isaac Mizrahi on Jon Stewart Moment of Zen.

Lots of sheeples out there... sad but true.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 ncmom said: Oh my gosh....I just watched the Shawn segment on The Soup you tube! She really is a mess with this presentation!! I wonder if any of the Q executives have seen this and did they cringe listening to her go on and on and on????

I didn't see "The Soup", but I can imagine how they ridiculed QVC and Shawn. She does take the story too far.

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the segment and I felt that it was very strange. I think that she could have talked more about the cheap $15 price and how you could buy them for Sunday school teachers or neighbors...own one in each "word" for yourself, and buy another 3 for your mom. Instead I feel that she personalized it way too much for home shopping. I would never want to wear the Hope ring because I'd think of her sad story anytime I noticed somebody looking at it. And then I'd be embarrassed that they'd seen it on Talk Soup!
Esteemed Contributor

Jayne & Rachel sold inspiration jewelry this AM Style. They didn't tell any personal stories. They described the jewelry and talked about how they liked it and it meant a lot to them. Very simple to sell w/o trying to be Tony Robbins.

Esteemed Contributor

you know all the hosts must have some sort of a reporting structure at QVc. someone there must oversee their performance. Do you think,they actually watch any of their own hosts on the air and critique their performance?
Regular Contributor

It's sadly a Kardashian, Lena Dunham-driven world. Real talent, real class takes a backseat to shock value, especially when money and celebrity, and being famous for nothing seems to be what people aspire to. Very sad.