Valued Contributor

Shawn's getting to be a regular segment on The Soup. Last night (3/6) Joel showed the segment in which Shawn was trying to sell her "stupid" (yes, she called them that herself!) FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE rings. He made fun of the story she told that suggested that you could perhaps prevent someone from committing suicide by catching a glimpse of you wearing the HOPE ring at a Starbucks.

I mean, seriously--that sob story would sell a ring? I agree that Shawn needs some practice in using a lot less "gloom and doom" in her spiel. See J289852 video at about the 3:15 mark.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn on ""The Soup"" again

I heard her say, "dumb," but I missed the "stupid" and "suicide" parts. Anyway, I like the ring and actually thought her story--where she prefaced she was "going out on a limb"--was actually possible. I look for signs all the time and I think others do too. ETA: I've decided to buy one of those rings. Smiley Happy I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been for the threads about her being on The Soup. Wonder if Joel will charge commission.
Respected Contributor

I just watched the video and all I can say is whew, she made me tired just listening to her try to come up with words to describe this dumb $15.00 ring. She was reaching big time.

The Starbucks story is dumb to say the least. She is trying to hard and can't seen to find her groove.

She needs to lay off the stories, she embellishes so much, how do we know if they are true or not.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

If you were a host, and your producer told you that you had to talk about the rings for 10-15 minutes, what would you say? Sometimes I think they come up with the stories because they're told they have to talk a certain amount of time. I'm a fan of short presentations. Just quickly provide details, show a close-up of the item, then move on to something else.
Frequent Contributor

Oh my gosh....I just watched the Shawn segment on The Soup you tube! She really is a mess with this presentation!! I wonder if any of the Q executives have seen this and did they cringe listening to her go on and on and on????
Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Why would Q send one of their least qualified hosts to a public venue? SK is a french fry short of a happy meal.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Love the French Fry reference. Excellent. One does wonder what she has over the QVC on-air talent manager that her obvious grotesque ineptness allows her to star in prime time hours. It boggles the mind.

Esteemed Contributor

Apparently a lot of people haven't yet learned that sometimes any publicity is good publicity! It's getting attention for QVC, isn't it??? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Look at how much free publicity they got from the Shawn and Isaac "episode" -- thousands and thousands of people who didn't even know what QVC was, now know, and they probably got scads of new customers because of it.

Honored Contributor

I hope that the powers that be at the Q decide to let their ""inspirational"" jewelry be presented by some other host. Someone who might be a bit less maudlin in their presentation!

Esteemed Contributor

That the Q thinks Shawn's inspirational talks will sell jewelry, shows how utterly out of touch they are. I agree the Q will take any kind of free publicity they can get, positive or negative, but it's all done at Shawn's expense. Isaac does the same thing with Shawn, using her as his ignorant background to show how smart he is. Either Shawn is too dense to realize this, or doesn't mind. I don't watch her inspirational talks for even two seconds. I take these things seriously and find she insults with her "stories."