Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn not on the Find tonight

She makes her personal travails everyone's business.  

Super Contributor

I would imagine she will be out tonight for Halloween so that she can do Trick or Treating.  Her daughter is old enough that it will be enjoyable for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@Hipkat wrote:

Looks like something is up Shawn is out again tonight and Leah is filling in. Any body hear anything?

@Hipkat .... first post .... Seems like you were looking for some “jucie” gossip about Shawn .... sorry to disappoint you but we all get sick once in a while .... hopefully Shawn will feel better soon🎃

@Hipkat @January121  Being sick in one thing, but out for 2 days (so far) for a toothache is ridiculous. She works nights, so she could've seen a dentist quite easily during the day. I've had a sudden toothache, leading to a filling or, worse, a root canal. If it was an emergency, like a toothache, my dentist wasted no time in seeing me. All happened quickly, and I didn't lose a day of work. Two days off for a "toothache" wouldn't have cut it in any of my previous jobs. She's called off before for toothaches. All I can say is QVC is very lenient in their "sick days."

Edit: At least it was a pleasure to watch Leah Williams hosting. Really enjoyed the shows which I never watched when SK hosted.

@Mimi 1883 ..... why does Shawn’s absence bother you so much? .... nobody knows how sever the problem is .... it could be a number of things wrong & the viewers should be ashamed at themselves for some of the cruel comments they are making..... QVC is her boss not any of us ... if someone is sick that’s what sick days are for .... if you need to take them you take them!!! ..... 🎃

Honored Contributor

Who knows what's happening with her tooth, sure do hope she has a good dentist and hopefully she can get an appointment.

Respected Contributor

First of all, everyone has a different pain threshold. I suffered with migraines most of my life and d h thought I was acting when I was truly in agony.   During one particularly extremely horrible migraine, he told me I should get an Academy Award for my acting ability.  One person cannot judge another's pain. 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@Hipkat wrote:

Looks like something is up Shawn is out again tonight and Leah is filling in. Any body hear anything?

@Hipkat .... first post .... Seems like you were looking for some “jucie” gossip about Shawn .... sorry to disappoint you but we all get sick once in a while .... hopefully Shawn will feel better soon🎃

@Hipkat @January121  Being sick in one thing, but out for 2 days (so far) for a toothache is ridiculous. She works nights, so she could've seen a dentist quite easily during the day. I've had a sudden toothache, leading to a filling or, worse, a root canal. If it was an emergency, like a toothache, my dentist wasted no time in seeing me. All happened quickly, and I didn't lose a day of work. Two days off for a "toothache" wouldn't have cut it in any of my previous jobs. She's called off before for toothaches. All I can say is QVC is very lenient in their "sick days."

Edit: At least it was a pleasure to watch Leah Williams hosting. Really enjoyed the shows which I never watched when SK hosted.

A lot of times what someone "says" is the reason for takng off from work is for public consumption only... even if they tell their employers the truth.  Woman Indifferent   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

First of all, everyone has a different pain threshold. I suffered with migraines most of my life and d h thought I was acting when I was truly in agony.   During one particularly extremely horrible migraine, he told me I should get an Academy Award for my acting ability.  One person cannot judge another's pain. 

@this is my nic OMG! I understand you. I have the same. This pain hard to describe.Sometimes I had this for 3days non stop.

My family tell me that what they can do since I already got use to this( their opinion) . People who have it understand that you cannot “get use to this”. 

Respected Contributor

@Mlsg

Tell those who say "get used to it" that you're going to hit them in the head repeatedly with a hammer.  If you throw up with the migraines, I did, add that to the hammer treatment.  Ask them if they could just get used to it! 

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@Mlsg

Tell those who say "get used to it" that you're going to hit them in the head repeatedly with a hammer.  If you throw up with the migraines, I did, add that to the hammer treatment.  Ask them if they could just get used to it! 

Ha you are right! I told leave me if no I kill you. Yes I did throw up( did not want to talk about) always, one time counts till 50 and after stop count. It’s bad. Who knows what is it understands.