Regular Contributor

Shawn is not a host I care for but I do have to say I think the new changes in her personal life has tempered her on air randomness. A new baby will bring it home real quick that you are not the center of attention anymore. The longing for a baby may have been why she was so out there sometimes. She was masking how she really felt and put on a show for people.

Trusted Contributor

Since we do not know SK personally, it is beyond rude to call her shallow. Based on her TV presence she seems like a remarkable, upbeat woman who went through personal loss graciously and publicly, and now is blessed with the desires of her heart!! I, for one, am beyond thrilled for her.  

dee

Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn is a new Woman!!

[ Edited ]

Her job, like her colleagues, is to sell, sell sell.  They do and say whatever it takes to meet their goals.   SCHTICK

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

We are all going to have our favorite and not so favorite hosts on the Q....but, I am happy for Shawn, Joe and little Jagger and the family they have become and the love they have for each other.  

I am also happy to hear that Mary Beth's son & DIL are having twins.

GOD IS GOOD and we all have much to be thankful for and blessed in our own ways.  

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

We are all going to have our favorite and not so favorite hosts on the Q....but, I am happy for Shawn, Joe and little Jagger and the family they have become and the love they have for each other.  

I am also happy to hear that Mary Beth's son & DIL are having twins.

GOD IS GOOD and we all have much to be thankful for and blessed in our own ways.  

@shell garden     Hi Shell!!!!!  Long time no see!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I really like Shawn and her individuality and quirky fun side of her so I hope she doesn't loose that. 

I agree with you @Pook, I find it sad the way people bash her.  

Regular Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Since we do not know SK personally, it is beyond rude to call her shallow. Based on her TV presence she seems like a remarkable, upbeat woman who went through personal loss graciously and publicly, and now is blessed with the desires of her heart!! I, for one, am beyond thrilled for her.  

dee

As you yourself say, we don't know her personally so any call on our part is purely subjective based upon our opinion. She may seem remarkable to you, while to others she may seem shallow. What is wrong, IMO, is labeling another poster as being "rude" because you disagree with their opinion. We all can disagree on many things while still respecting others' viewpoints and candor.

Personally, I think that Shawn is the same as she's always been, and is slowly realizing that, like many a teenage girl has found out, having a baby in one's life, is not a cure-all for other underlying problems. As with any opinion, YMMV.

Here's hoping they all have a lovely and enjoyable baby's first Christmas. That is always such a memorable thing.

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

dee

@deedledeedeedle  Thank you dee for your excellent and lovely comment, I am in full agreement.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I really like Shawn and her individuality and quirky fun side of her so I hope she doesn't loose that. 

I agree with you @Pook, I find it sad the way people bash her.  

And I also agree with @BalletBabe@ and @Pook

Honored Contributor

I am very happy for Shawn  that she finally has the baby she has wanted for so long.  I'm sure she suffered a lot through the time she was waiting for her prayers for a baby to be answered.   I wish Shawn and her family all the best.  She loves Christmas and this will be her best Christmas ever.