Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I think she looks better with a paler lipstick color and also with either bangs of some kind and the hair off her face with the red lips looks rather harsh.  Red lipstick on just about anyone is harsh looking and also aging.  It's what she likes that really counts though.

I agree...she looks MUCH YOUNGER with the paler lipstick and  the blond hair and hairstyle she had before....she is a attractive lady...............the bouffant hair

style she has been sporting lately with the dark hair and then the streaks does her no favors.......i am a fan of Shawn and enjoy her presentations......

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I like her in red lipstick.  I think she looks great.... and really so what if she looks older...it's not like she looks like an old woman! 

To me she looks like a woman in her early 40s.  That's not exactly old to me.  Why would she want to go around without makeup on TV and look like a teen?  Yes I saw the photo of her without and she looked okay.

As for her hair she's probably just tired of her bangs and is growing them out.

I totally agree with you, spot on! IMO she looks MUCH better without that nude lip as if she is headed for the morgue and eyes so black you could not see the whites of her eyes. I think she looks her age and has let go of the tiger white stripes in her hair.

bamasec

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I think she looks better with a paler lipstick color and also with either bangs of some kind and the hair off her face with the red lips looks rather harsh.  Red lipstick on just about anyone is harsh looking and also aging.  It's what she likes that really counts though.

That’s the best backhanded compliment I’ve heard in a long time!!

Respected Contributor

Shawn ... you looked good tonight! Back to the paler shade of lipstick and really nice in Joans skirt with the Love tee. More subdued in look, dress, and disposition is very becoming on you and pleasant to watch. jmo

Contributor

You're sure right about that. lovely family.

Highlighted
Contributor

Personally, I am not a fan of red lipstick. Not everyone can carry it off.  Admittedly,I have not seen her in the diamonique show.  I have my seen her presenting fashions.  I thought Shawn looked better in a less severe shade of lipstick (red seems very harsh to me) and I liked  her side swept bangs and I think the “new” look makes her look older but that is strictly how it looks to me ...Please don’t shoot me!