Trusted Contributor

I was never opposed to SK, or any other host for that matter, especially since I do not watch much of QVC live.  However, last night I happen to have it on during the Denim & Co show with Shawn as the host when the designer of D & C first arrived on the scene and her comment to him was so unprofessional and inappropriate that I lost total respect for her and QVC for allowing such behavior.  I am known for having a great sense of humor, but there is a time, place and sensitivity to others that should not be crossed.

The remark was about if it made him nervous seeing her in shorts !!! That woman needs to come back down to earth. It was obvious this made the designer very uncomfortable and rightly so.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Shawn and Denim & Co TSV

This post has been removed by QVC unkind/inappropriate

Valued Contributor

It’s obvious that some people just don’t get Shawn’s laid-back humor and lightheartedness fun. I don’t think Gary was offended at all so why should the viewers be. In fact I think Gary quite enjoyed what Shawn said! Lol

In today’s day and age there will always be somebody who gets offended by something. 

Shawn looked the best out of everyone in the TSV shorts!! Spectacular! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this "incident", too, and I think it's much ado about nothing.

It was a joke between two employees who've known each other for ages.  If someone "lost total respect" for a host and QVC over something so trivial, well...SMH.

BTW, I thought Shawn looked great in her outfit.  The TSV really suited her.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I took the comment totally different than the OP did. Shawn has admitted her style is fashion querky, and I thought she was referring to Gary being nervous how she would incorporate her personal style with the D&C shorts.

"Empowered women empower women"

Esteemed Contributor

@Calcgirl @Ketra  Following the picture of her in the swimsuit, the comment was just another "look at how great I am" remark we've heard a million times. Narcissist? Maybe. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Calcgirl @Ketra  Following the picture of her in the swimsuit, the comment was just another "look at how great I am" remark we've heard a million times. Narcissist? Maybe. 

@BirkiLady  I don’t know what picture you are referring to with “her in the swimsuit” and I don’t understand your comment either.

Valued Contributor

I'll never understand why so many let themselves get into such a tizzie over Shawn. I sure didn't see Shawn's comment as out of line and neither did the presenter. I find her quirky and interesting to watch.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the meaning behind the comment is that Shawn has said on numerous occasions that she gave up wearing shorts a long time ago.... So it was likely the first time Gary had seen in her in shorts ever... I believe she also said as much during the presentation. 

Honored Contributor

I did see the beginning of the show with she and Gary. What I got from her comment was, she was concerned he wouldn't care for the way she styled the shorts. Shawn really is not the best communicator, I have seen vendors misunderstand her and she's obviously miffed with their response to her.