Honored Contributor

@bakergirlwrote:

Well, I did not know which post to reply to......I called my DH over to the TV when I saw Shawn in that black dress --- Morticia anyone... she is not a girl, as someone said - she is a grown woman(45) and a mother. I am not putting her down, she just is not a favorite and you could tell she would rather have been anywhere than selling Clarks(which I buy and wear) - her personality and presentation changed dramatically when she was then on with PTR for the TSV, except she tried to do all the talking  and she does tend to think she is the expert on beauty products. So to those who enjoy her, enjoy, just not my favorite and I try not be negative about hosts.....

LOL - For not trying to put her down, you did a pretty good job!  I can't imagine, if you were really trying.  Woman Surprised

Valued Contributor

I like Shawn.  She is a funny lady who seems to be enjoying life. Anyone who can make fun of themselves, and not take themselves so seriously would be fun to hang around with. I never mind watching her present.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, she is definitely quirky and yes, she definitely can look attractive.  But I don't watch her shows. 

I think she is a poor product presenter!  I don't enjoy her "selling skills".  I have basically stopped watching the Q, but never watch Monday nights, Tuesday nights or any other time when she is the host.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn Tonight

[ Edited ]

@PatriciaGwrote:

I like Shawn.  She is a funny lady who seems to be enjoying life. Anyone who can make fun of themselves, and not take themselves so seriously would be fun to hang around with. I never mind watching her present.

She sure didn't seem to be making fun of herself last night.    After the wardrobe malfunction or whatever was going on that caused the extended break she was pretty much off her usual high ho temperament.

Esteemed Contributor

@coritawrote:

Yes, she is definitely quirky and yes, she definitely can look attractive.  But I don't watch her shows. 

I think she is a poor product presenter!  I don't enjoy her "selling skills".  I have basically stopped watching the Q, but never watch Monday nights, Tuesday nights or any other time when she is the host.

She takes all the attention away from the product and brings it to herself. And you spend a long time waiting for important information that most times doesn't even come. It's just annoying and unsatisfactory, if you are there to shop. 

I love fashion, beauty and miss a lot of the shows I enjoy most.

Trusted Contributor

On PM Style Shawn got a bit testy when the models were teasing her about her fake tan. she told them it was enough and she already felt embarrassed. I guess she overdid the tanning spray.  I do think she is normally an upbeat, bubbly person, but agree she doesn't do a  good job describing the garments.  In fact the only two people I personally have seen do so are Jane on the Morning show and Carolyn Gracie.  Their may be others, so I apologize if I left them out.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@coritawrote:

She takes all the attention away from the product and brings it to herself. And you spend a long time waiting for important information that most times doesn't even come. It's just annoying and unsatisfactory, if you are there to shop. 

@febe1wrote:

@coritawrote:

@febe1. I have to agree with you.   It seems everything is about her ,  she a bit of a show off I feel.   I also would like to hear more about the product which she really doesn't address in detail ever.  I don't like that she's always shopping for herself on air ,  it's very annoying ,  order when you get off air or order before and you don't have to tell us about it.    I do however feel she is looking very pretty with her hair longer plus she wears her clothes very well,  she is an attractive women.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirlwrote:

On PM Style Shawn got a bit testy when the models were teasing her about her fake tan. she told them it was enough and she already felt embarrassed. I guess she overdid the tanning spray.  I do think she is normally an upbeat, bubbly person, but agree she doesn't do a  good job describing the garments.  In fact the only two people I personally have seen do so are Jane on the Morning show and Carolyn Gracie.  Their may be others, so I apologize if I left them out.

I didn't see this show, but I do have some sympathy for her.  No one needs something like that pointed out repeatedly.

I remember going to a new (recommended!!!) hairdresser once and she did a horrible job.  I was working at a bank and my fellow cashier felt she had to point out to every customer who came in what was wrong with it and asking their opinion.  If I didn't already feel horrible, she made it a thousand times worse.  I got it fixed as soon as I could, but I've never forgotten that.  I had to tell her to shut up - enough already!  (And she was my supervisor.)

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you, if you atre feeling self conscious of something you do not need people to point it out even in a kidding manner.  I guess I should have added I felt sorry for Shawn.

Highlighted
Contributor

I love watching Shawn, She's down to earth, and soft spoken, and have to see what she's wearing next. She's lovely.