Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn Saves Christmas Tonight

@San Antonio Gal I am not so sure it is a "team player" issue. SK busts on men very frequently.  She does it to Rick, Steve & Alberti not so sure about Dan but definitely not David.  She also gets a little "mouthy" with male vendors like Dennis, IM, PTR.  I think she believes she is funny, but it would not be so funny if the men were behaving that way to the women. That would not fly at all. Double standard.

Esteemed Contributor

It was the first time I saw Steve. Seems nice enough but didn’t have much to do or any input re products. I liked & miss Courtney but maybe she just didn’t want to work every Saturday night thru Christmas nor enjoyed playing second fiddle. She deserves her own show. She’s very good with beauty probably because her mom had a beauty school & I like her fashion commentary.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:
Many people in my area wear hair extensions & it’s not exclusive to very young people. When I was young, falls were popular and I had a collection. I loved them & if Courtney wears hair extensions, it’s her choice. They aren’t illegal for the love of G*D. Many personalities on TV
wear extensions; being in the public eye on TV is not easy. Just look at the comments on this board.

I feel sorry for the hosts who read some of the comments here; it’s hurtful and these people have no impact on your life & you can opt in or out as far as watching them. I know they are encouraged not to read the boards but you know they do; it’s normal curiosity.

The problem for the viewer is if she keeps playing with her hair and keeps pushing it back it shows she's bothered by it and it becomes a distraction for not only her, but the customer trying to hear product information. Why does she wear it if it bothers her!.....And the hair quality is poor, the extensions are too long, and looks so fake!!!!  Some of us even complemented Courtney on how nice her natural hair looked vs the fake hair!!!-Just because its a trend or fad doesnt make it good---Just like some of the false eyelashes women are wearing---some look like they are ready to be airlited, they arent attractive at all!!!!   

When someone works in television the person's appearance becomes part of the job---its part of the territory....And they get paid quite well to make up for any negatives of the job!!!! And if anyone is sensitive then TV is just not the career for them..The PRODUCT should be "the star" not the host!!! QVC is after all a retail company that needs to sell products to survive...and they havent been doing too well...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Once I saw Steve on the show, I turned it off and went back to my Halloween movies. I'm just not a fan of his - maybe he's trying a bit too hard? Does not seem genuine to me.

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Many people in my area wear hair extensions & it’s not exclusive to very young people. When I was young, falls were popular and I had a collection. I loved them & if Courtney wears hair extensions, it’s her choice. They aren’t illegal for the love of G*D. Many personalities on TV
wear extensions; being in the public eye on TV is not easy. Just look at the comments on this board.

I feel sorry for the hosts who read some of the comments here; it’s hurtful and these people have no impact on your life & you can opt in or out as far as watching them. I know they are encouraged not to read the boards but you know they do; it’s normal curiosity.

@Stray 

I guess because it is in my life right now, wearing a lot of wigs makes me think of someone going through chemotherapy.  That is my life right now.  Don't know that I could go on television and look too good though!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

@hyacinth003 - First and foremost, please accept my best wishes for healing and better days. Second, I can understand that the hosts are under pressure and have a producer in their ear. I like Shawn, but the latest saving Christmas was a hot mess. Maybe Shawn should not have a sidekick. The TMI and storyline are not professional in my opinion. Really miss Lisa Robertson and Jill Bauer holiday shows. Take care Hyacinth!
Esteemed Contributor

Courtney is not a strong host. No matter whom she is paired with, she always takes a back seat. There's absolutely nobody she stands even equal with pairings. All her pairings, she just turns over the show to the other host. She's unneeded in the pairing and just changes clothes or tries on and models new shoes and clothes. 

You would think, all Courtney's would teach her how to handle herself and make a contribution, but none of it seems to change her.

It's a conondrum: she's weak doing her own show, and she adds nothing in pairings. 

Maybe she thinks having a huge amount of hair on a little tiny face will give her more attention, well...you don't want that attention. She is probably the weakes host on the Q, and I think the Q is aware but can't help.

Esteemed Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks Courtney looks so rediclious with that long, long hair & "stage makeup" I know it's HALLOWEEN so, maybe she wants to look like "cousin It " from the Adams family ... I can't watch her anymore ... something is wrong???
Esteemed Contributor

I thought Shawn did fine on her own. I did not like that other co-host. He added nothing and seemed more lime a prop man. I don't know why they need two hosts on a show. Many times they add little to nothing. I would like more product information and less personal information.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks like a clown .... Too much hair!!!