Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn Saves Christmas Tonight

@MezzieStarr wrote:

@SeaMaiden in the 70s and 80s every cartoon character had a tv special in which they "Saved Christmas". 

It's a nod to that.

@MezzieStarr 

In other words, it's all plagiarism, and no creativity on the part of QVC.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn is great by herself, give her the floor for gosh sakes!

Courtney is terrible by herself and is monotone until she remembers to act excited.  I've watched just enough to know.  Plus, her nails give me the heebie jeebies....seems she's ready for Halloween.  Natasha???

I wanted to add that it's not just Courtney's nails, it's all the young singers/actresses that have succumbed to that fad.

Guess I'm too old to appreciate it.Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

How about "Shawn Saves Kirk's Folly"?

After that horror show the other night, (KF)...I think that's the show that needs saving, it indeed it's ever on the air again....

What happened @Othereeeen ?

Occasional Visitor

Enjoy watching Shawn and look forward to her presentations (her confidence is great). Have to share, I have been watching Courtney with other host and she seems off or similar to when she is new (seems uncomfortable/I hope they help her). QVC is a business like all businesses, the bottom line counts and at times required changes or trial of new styles of presentation is needed; to keep a diversity of interest and potential earnings/goals. Watching QVC for 30 years and with the recent business acquisition, approaches and changes will occur. Remember the host are doing their best with business changes and expectations.
Esteemed Contributor

Courtney seems fine to me
Trusted Contributor

Totally agree! I've posted before that I found that offensive for a shopping show title, and that I wasn't aware that Christmas needed saving, but I was ridiculed for saying so. 🤷‍♀️

Regular Contributor

SEAN DOESN'T NEED A SIDEKICK.  IF THEY'RE PAIRING HOSTS UP THEY HAVE TOO MANY HOSTS.  SAY GOODBYE TO SOME OF THE TRULY BAD HOSTS AND LET EVERYBODY FLY ON THEIR OWN.

Trusted Contributor

Watched the show last night and Shawn used Steve as a stage hand to fill in, make comments in between presentations, and try to demonstrate items.   He was very (too) compliant and jovial.   I really did not like her making Steve wear a woman's hat and gloves!   How demeaning and insulting.   I felt sorry for Steve being treated as a clown.   

Esteemed Contributor

As long as the replacement is not Jane T ... I can't watch her for more than half a second.
Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Watched the show last night and Shawn used Steve as a stage hand to fill in, make comments in between presentations, and try to demonstrate items.   He was very (too) compliant and jovial.   I really did not like her making Steve wear a woman's hat and gloves!   How demeaning and insulting.   I felt sorry for Steve being treated as a clown.   

@NYwoman  - I don't think it bothered Steve wearing the hat.  He seems like a very nice guy and a team player.  He's not bad on the eyes and has a beautiful smile too.