Respected Contributor

There are a zillion different simulated diamond manufacturers/brands- Shawn is simply saying that Diamonique is superior. This is her opinion! 

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Memebell wrote:

@rms1954   I agree.  She rarely presents jewelry.  I wonder why she seems uncomfortable with this category. 

I don't know why.  My guess is she finds it a very personal.  She only ever wore very close and personal items, which she no longer wears.  I remember conversing with her thru email back in the day when she first started.  We talked about her two bracelets and two rings. She doesn't wear watches either.  Not knocking her presentation, just saying I feel she's out of her comfort zone.  

There was an entire period of time early on in her Q career and not long before she married when she wore a lot of jewelry, 4-5+ bracelets on one arm, shoulder-duster type tassel earrings, etc. -- none of these items were personal. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

There are a zillion different simulated diamond manufacturers/brands- Shawn is simply saying that Diamonique is superior. This is her opinion! 

@Tinkerbell3 

I doubt if it is her opinion.  She probably wouldn't be caught dead wearing cubic zirconia!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 

I doubt if it is her opinion.  She probably wouldn't be caught dead wearing cubic zirconia!

@fortune  True.  Shawn used to wear lots of chunky bracelets in multiple layers.  It was a look back then, for a lot of hosts.  

I remember when Shawn wore that garrish 50-ctw Judith Ripka Diamonique tennis bracelet a few years ago.  The Diamonique stones were huge; she loved it in her personal life and wore it constantly. You could even see it in her unrelated social media posts.  It was also one of the few jewelry pieces she gladly sold on air.  [One of the stones later fell out, unbeknownst to Shawn, and she wore it for an entire show.]

Times and tastes change.  I think that's a good thing; mix it up a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't feel it's so much the sometimes let's say unique things she says,    For me it's that she never really gives a lot of Info on items .    She talks a lot     but doesn't give many facts I'm interested in hearing in order to purchase .    Especially clothing items,  just wears them and prances around .

i do remember years ago before she was married and Newley married a bracelet and a ring she designed and presented I think it said .....Hear my Heart Speak .   I thought those presentations were heart felt and the pieces were something she felt and had passion about.  I wonder what happened to that line.  Shawn IMO was much different in those days.

Valued Contributor

So, the Diamonique......about 20 years ago, when this line was really popular and QVC had outlet stores, I visited one and actually saw lots of the Diamonique jewelry. I was shocked, because it was obviously fake; did not look anything like real diamonds. More like glass.  Yet women were lined up to buy it! 

Oh, well.  Does anyone know if the Judith Ripka Diamonique is better quality?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn, REALLY?

[ Edited ]

I don't believe there are any "superior" grades of CZ's. They are all fake looking and can be spotted anywhere. How a host can say "You can't tell them from a diamond" and get away with it legally is beyond me! But for the record, I'm able to spot a lesser quality diamond.

Perhaps that's why Shawn is uncomfortable showing jewelry. She had little knowledge of what to look for when purchasing a diamond with good color and less knowledge when having a setting made to sit next to her wedding band. Main priority was large, not the four "C's" and it shows. Her wedding band is very pretty. She has often said the Diamonique is much better than her own engagement ring and compared them. Ouch, that is painful to the heart when she has done that! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Memebell wrote:

@rms1954   I agree.  She rarely presents jewelry.  I wonder why she seems uncomfortable with this category. 

@Memebell 

She's uncomfortable because apparently she needs to spend more time doing the homework for the presentations like other hosts do. so the prospective customers the info we need to make a decision on whether to purchase!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Diamonds aren't good investments and are getting even worse because fewer younger people have an interest n them. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who buys an engagement ring as a investment? It's a gift to the woman a young man plans to spend the rest of his life with! There are no plans to sell that stone at a profit ever. My rings were purchased in 1967 and I've been wearing the engagement ring since then. We weren't married until 1969 and I've been wearing my wedding rings all these years.  My husband passed away, but I'm still wearing them and love them more than when he proposed. they are gorgeous and have never gone out of style. He always had excellent, classic taste and knew I wanted the main stone to be a ruby. The rings are custom-made in platinum and designed by my late husband with six (5 pt.) diamonds cascading down each side in two rows (total of 12). The wedding ring is an eternity band (5 pt.) diamonds all around it to match the stones in the engagement ring which also cascades down on the top. Why would I consider them an investment? They mean far more to me than any amount of money because he put his heart and soul into selecting the stones and designing these rings for ME! No one else would love them like I do or appreciate their meaning. There is no monetary value to that!                          

Have you seen the size of diamonds young brides are wearing? They are large (but not gaudy), excellent quality and in beautiful heavy settings. Don't know where all the money is coming from, but everything is lavish and from the couples I know, they are paying for everything they buy. They are waiting to marry, more financially secure, well educated and have careers we didn't know would exist when we were in college! Nothing is financed except their homes and, perhaps a vehicle (the second vehicle is already owned outright). Today's young people seem to be very savvy financially.

No faux diamonds for either the bride or groom at any of the weddings our family and friends have attended. The local jewelers are doing very, very well. I'm proud of these young people who will be running our country. We (their parents and grandparents) have taught them well. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.