Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger will no longer host PM Style

[ Edited ]

I work during the day, and when I return home in the evening on Monday nights, I would turn on PMS. I never warmed to Shawn. When Lisa R. was the host, she could sell me anything. I am sorry for all of the people that hated LR, but she was a darn good sales woman. Shawn was ok in the beginning in my view, but she definitely started to change, and as of late I can't tolerate her for longer than 5-10 minutes without changing the channel. She is just plain rude. I have seen her be rude to the models, vendors, and background studio people. I am just shocked that management has never spoken with her about how she speaks to people. It makes me wonder how she is when the cameras are not rolling.

I forgot to add that she seems to be unprepared frequently. 

I will give Amy a chance. I do think that she has a better fashion sense/style. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus Agree with you about Lisa... Despite those who disliked her and while the show was growing a bit stale, it was alway fun with her at the helm and hasn't been the same since she left, ... While I like Shawn to a point, I never thought this was a good fit... That said, I won't be watching at all come January... There are others I'd prefer to see given the spot or, better yet, would like to see them periodically changing up the host to keep the show a bit more fresh...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's wonderful that Shawn will no longer host PM Style. She seemed ill prepared.

But Amy is not a good choice to host PM Style either.

QVC can do better.

Trusted Contributor

I am happy for this change!  Amy is enthusiastic and has good, positive, rapport with the OAP's.  (Not sarcastic or putting them down, trying to be "edgy," like Shawn.)

Will be watching PMS again, with Amy hosting.

Regular Contributor

Personally, I welcome the change. I think its best to switch the host around and not let them get stuck in one place. I can look at most of the host but Shawn and Rick - I don't watch anything with them. I wish her well and just hope she doesn't take over a slot that I really like. Smiley Happy

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Frequent Contributor

Good..seems like every time I turn on QVC Shawn is on.. I dont remember the last time I saw Amy on.. it will be a great switch.. besides Amy's been there longer anyways I think...

Frequent Contributor

though I'd love to see Mary Beth host it. 

Trusted Contributor

Here is a thought:  Shawn is tired of trying to act excited about dull, same old clothes for two hours.  She has also stated her favorite shows are the beauty shows.

Personally I don't care who is hosting because I seldom watch and the shows I am interested in I record and fast forward only stopping if I see something that interests me.

Trusted Contributor

So the "big idea" is to flip the hosts.  The only show they have really revamped is Beauty with Sandra and Alberti.  

Esteemed Contributor

For a QVC Executive this really was a big idea.   Imagine how many of them it takes to screw in a lightbulb.