Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger will no longer host PM Style

I'm looking forward to these changes very much.! Change is good -- they wouldn't be trying this unless they feel sales needed a boost.  Shawn joked and said she is not good with change.  So, this is not a result of her asking to be taken off PMS.

Shawn will host a Friday night show with Isaac Mizrahi, and a Monday night show with Logo. 

Amy will have the 3-hour PM Style; Logo will still be making appearances with Amy n PMS.

Even Leah announced changes -- also beginning in January, Leah will have a 2nd AM Style Show on Mondays (so it'll be Saturdays and Mondays.

There will be plenty more changes starting in January, along with all the new hosts coming on board.  It should be interesting shopping.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I will no longer be tuning in.

I might 

Honored Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
I can’t imagine that Shawn gave up her show voluntarily. I can also see that this is what led Sharon to leave QVC. I bet she wanted the new slot with Lori and the PTB declined. After 15 years at QVC she probably felt that she “earned” the new higher profile show.

interesting point 

Honored Contributor

I think its good,  QVC has a tendency to become rote and the hosts stale.  Changing around is good for the viewers 

Honored Contributor

Surprised me a bit. I thought Shawn was a good fit with PM, just as Leah is with AM.

Valued Contributor

This is not about "changing it up."  If sales were good they wouldn't be touching it. It is my opinion that Shawn has been slacking off.  I don't watch her that much because her presentations are hard to watch because she refuses to come prepared, index cards in her glasses every minute.  If you watch Amy the 3 hours before Amy sells alot even in her other shows throughout the week Amy sells alot.  Personally I don't see Shawn with Lori for an hour.  The fit is not good.  Shawn doesn not wear LOGO it is not her style.  The only time she wears LOGO is when she is presenting a LOGO top and half the time she doesn't wear the item being presented.  Just the other day Shawn was PRESENTING a LOGO item with Lori.  Shawn was so out of sink.  She didn't rehearse the colors and when she was reading the card she was still getting it wrong.  Lori jump in and took over the segment.  Shawn and LOGO is not a good fit.  Maybe QVC feels LOGO can sell itself with Lori there but they need to increase sales in PM Style and Amy can do it.  Don't be fooled that everyone is excited.  Shawn has repeatedly said she doesn't like change so this "changing up" is change.  Think about it Shawn took over for Lisa Robertson in PM style.  Did they ever "change up" Lisa and take her off PM style?  Also noticed that Shawn is posting to Instagram more in the last 2 weeks, perhaps she is trying that to increase her base and sales, she never was much of a poster on Facebook

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of the decisions being made at the Q have to do with filling spots (or trying to drum up business) on their other two ridiculous channels.  Perhaps they want to get a high profile host (like Shawn) to do something on Q2 Monday nights.

I think Shawn has a following, and I can't believe Amy would draw more people to PMS than Shawn does.  

Honored Contributor

Do like I do, turn down the sound, get details from the website!

I completely agree with your assessment of her voice.

Plus Q needs to withhold her caffeine.  I like enthusiasm, but not hysteria.

@IdahoGram wrote:

I can't stand Amy's sing song  speech pattern, and then the drawn out words, like we can't understand plain english.  Someone needs to coach her before she takes over PM Style.

I think QVC is just change up the programs to try to freshen things up some.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm really looking forward to this. I really enjoy Amy, her personality, and her sense of style. There have been a couple of instances where I felt Shawn was not prepared to present a particular item--not knowing the colors, features, etc. It seemed to me that she was preoccupied. Whatever the case, I hope the new lineup works for the hosts and the viewers.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady: I agree with everything you said except about her “not having a belly bulge”. I was not comfortable with that comment.

I really enjoy Amy and may go back to tuning into PMS...if they have anything interesting on.