Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger will no longer host PM Style

Must mean they are not bring in the money when she hosts.Plane ans simple.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't care for either or them. I prefer Leah or Caroline.  They have enough fashion inventory to have more shows of a shorter length with a variety of hosts. I wish they would do that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn was out recently, and Leah filled in for her.

Just wonder...did sales jump up when Leah was subbing? 

I'm not a dedicated fashion watcher, only casual.

I watched most of the show when Leah was on, but I never last more than a few minutes with Shawn.

As soon as Shawn invokes Oprah's name, or proves she still hasn't bought a dictionary, I change the channel. 

So did more casual viewers tune in, and stay tuned in, when Shawn was out?

Valued Contributor

Nope, it is all about the $$$$$$$, Shawn is an employee, not the boss.  Obviously sales were off at PM style and they put Amy in, I am glad.  Also I like Amy with Isaac. Shawn has an attitute and it shows on TV that is why many turn the channel. If she doesn't get it right with Isaac on Friday night, perhaps another host is in order.  Shawn last night even said on TV she is extremely stubborn.  

Valued Contributor

Don't think so, she has a nanny who spends most of the day with her

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

This is not about "changing it up."  If sales were good they wouldn't be touching it. It is my opinion that Shawn has been slacking off.  I don't watch her that much because her presentations are hard to watch because she refuses to come prepared, index cards in her glasses every minute.  If you watch Amy the 3 hours before Amy sells alot even in her other shows throughout the week Amy sells alot.  Personally I don't see Shawn with Lori for an hour.  The fit is not good.  Shawn doesn not wear LOGO it is not her style.  The only time she wears LOGO is when she is presenting a LOGO top and half the time she doesn't wear the item being presented.  Just the other day Shawn was PRESENTING a LOGO item with Lori.  Shawn was so out of sink.  She didn't rehearse the colors and when she was reading the card she was still getting it wrong.  Lori jump in and took over the segment.  Shawn and LOGO is not a good fit.  Maybe QVC feels LOGO can sell itself with Lori there but they need to increase sales in PM Style and Amy can do it.  Don't be fooled that everyone is excited.  Shawn has repeatedly said she doesn't like change so this "changing up" is change.  Think about it Shawn took over for Lisa Robertson in PM style.  Did they ever "change up" Lisa and take her off PM style?  Also noticed that Shawn is posting to Instagram more in the last 2 weeks, perhaps she is trying that to increase her base and sales, she never was much of a poster on Facebook

I don't think she is ever prepared, compare her to Kerstin who tho she isn't one of my favorite hosts is always prepared and usually never relies on blue cards 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't been a regular viewer of PMS since Lisa left. I never thought Shawn was the right choice for this show and have watched only infrequent snippets of the show for the past few years. That said, I can guarantee that I will NEVER watch Amy... I've not cared for her from Day 1 and I still don't care for her. As far as I'm concerned, it's time for the show to have a total makeover and were I calling the shots, I would NOT have a static host... Variety would be nice and has worked well in the past... Regardless, I most definitely would NOT select Amy... I have never understood and will never understand how or why her 'star' has risen so high... As far as I'm concerned, this is just the latest in an ever lengthening line of QVC mis-steps...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If I heard Shawn correctly, she will be hosting the Logo shows, Shawn and Isaac will be moving to 10:00 P.M. on Friday nights and Amy will host PMS.  Unless there is going to be two hours of (have mercy) Logo, what other show would Shawn host on Monday evenings?  Inspired Style?  Maybe the reason they are switching it up is because too many fashions on from 7 to midnight and sales a sagging? 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think it's great to shake things up occasionally.  They tend to get stale very fast.  I haven't watched PM Style for ages because it's boring and predictable.

I agree.  Five hours of the same old offerings week after week is boring and predictable. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 wrote:

This is not about "changing it up."  If sales were good they wouldn't be touching it. It is my opinion that Shawn has been slacking off.  I don't watch her that much because her presentations are hard to watch because she refuses to come prepared, index cards in her glasses every minute.  If you watch Amy the 3 hours before Amy sells alot even in her other shows throughout the week Amy sells alot.  Personally I don't see Shawn with Lori for an hour.  The fit is not good.  Shawn doesn not wear LOGO it is not her style.  The only time she wears LOGO is when she is presenting a LOGO top and half the time she doesn't wear the item being presented.  Just the other day Shawn was PRESENTING a LOGO item with Lori.  Shawn was so out of sink.  She didn't rehearse the colors and when she was reading the card she was still getting it wrong.  Lori jump in and took over the segment.  Shawn and LOGO is not a good fit.  Maybe QVC feels LOGO can sell itself with Lori there but they need to increase sales in PM Style and Amy can do it.  Don't be fooled that everyone is excited.  Shawn has repeatedly said she doesn't like change so this "changing up" is change.  Think about it Shawn took over for Lisa Robertson in PM style.  Did they ever "change up" Lisa and take her off PM style?  Also noticed that Shawn is posting to Instagram more in the last 2 weeks, perhaps she is trying that to increase her base and sales, she never was much of a poster on Facebook

-----------------

@tropics21

I agree with everything you have stated.  I don't ever watch Shawn's shows because I think she is such a poor presenter.  Never has the info, never knows name of colors, always acts like no one told her about the product...drives me crazy. She ruins the Isaac show. And I predict, the LOGO stint will not work - just not her thing.