Frequent Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger will no longer host PM Style

Same here. Never could stand to watch her. As far back as when she was on during the day and she always said something corny about "let's roll" or something similar, couldn't watch.

Trusted Contributor

Personally, I am delighted. Too much Shawn, too many shows. Shawn refuses to grow up and act or dress like the 40-plus woman that she is. She was much more tolerable when she was new. She dressed and spoke properly, and behaved properly. As she became more popular, she digressed.

Respected Contributor

I like Shawn and I will miss her on PM Style.  She does a good job creating excitement for the products.  I am happy that PM Style will start at 7:00 CST.  From what I have read on these forums it sounds like QVC is changing things up.  Shawn will have to do 6 hours on Tuesday.  

New Contributor

Amy and Lori Goldstein were the two most annoying.  They acted so silly together.  I could no longer watch them.  They were obnoxious and acting so immature. 

Valued Contributor

@Rosebunco wrote:

Amy and Lori Goldstein were the two most annoying.  They acted so silly together.  I could no longer watch them.  They were obnoxious and acting so immature. 

BOTH of them are OBNOXIOUS and ANNOYING and need to get over themselves

Frequent Contributor

I like both Shawn and Amy.  Shawn seems to carry alot of shows, and perhaps she wants to kick it back a bit. 

I absolutely agree that she + Lori for LOGO is....odd.  I don't see her wearing that line.  I also like her with Isaac, but I have no problem with Amy + Isaac or Amy and anyone.  I think she has real style - and one that is attainable.

In the end, I was seeing Shawn alot.  Perhaps she just wants a breather.

In terms of appreciated hosts, Alberti and Sandra would be welcome beyond Beauty Night.  And I wish Beauty Night was one 2x's per week - LOVE.  

I also love Leah.  I started taping AM Style, and she gets many good things in that show!  Glad she will be on more 

Random thoughts concluded Smiley Happy xo Merry Christmas and Happy 2019! -- Belle

Occasional Contributor

I'm hapoy shes no longer host in pm style, now I can watch it. Do not like to watch her she dresses and wears make up lije a clown. Glad shes gone.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Courtney K. should actually be a co-host not just doing "social media."  I think she should be on an equal level to Amy.  Courtney K. is one of the best of the new "bunch."

@Daysdee - TOTALLY agree with you!  

Here's the rest of my two cents FWIW:

I agree with those who say they should rotate hosts. However, I believe strongly that some hosts are just better suited to certain categories. Rick selling jewelry is fine, but David probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. He enjoys what he does, and you can tell. I believe there are hosts there who are better at selling fashion than other hosts are. If a host acts blase about selling an item, I probably won't buy it. If I want to buy a Denim and Company item, Carolyn is the host I want to see! I know she can't do every show, but I'm just saying who I think is best at it! 

I still miss the Jayne/Pat morning show that was on when I first started watching QVC. One Friday morning when I was getting ready for the day, I got sick of seeing the news and talk on the network shows and turned them on. I really enjoyed it, and was disappointed when I had to leave for work! After that I looked forward to the show, and would sometimes DVR it! They made me "believe" they liked the clothes, and I actually think they might have some of them in their personal wardrobes. That may or may not be important to some. It just makes me feel better. I can usually tell when someone doesn't wear the clothes she is selling; that's OK, as long as she makes me think she is!

I wonder if reaching the younger demographic is part of the reason for the changes. DD is in her 20's. She wears a lot of (black) LOGO to work and looks cute in it. She will also get other things, both fashion and other categories like makeup, shoes, and jewelry, from time to time. But she VERY RARELY watches the shows. She sees the item on her phone, watches the presentation there, and orders from her phone. I think we'll be able to tell if the fashion items we see in 2019 are more for the younger women. And I can't help but wonder if that is why Amy is hosting PM style now instead of Shawn.

But if you compare how much I spend here, and how much DD spends here - well, of course I win by a landslide! It seems to me that the Baby Boomer generation is the majority - and I wonder how concerned they are about losing them. We will see what direction they take, and I know some of you have been with QVC a long time!

I liked Sharon as a host, and I doubt if "leaving to spend more time with her family" was the only factor in her departing. 

Katie McGee could sell me anything!

WHOEVER is hosting should be very clear about the complete description of an item, including repeating sizing information a lot. I like it too when some hosts will describe colors in terms I can understand. "Ocean Blue" by itself doesn't tell me a lot, but when a host or vendor takes the time to say something like there is a lot of grey in it, or it is more green than blue, that makes me more likely to buy it!

JMHO! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom I enjoyed reading your thoughts and agree.  By the way, years ago David did sell jewelry --wearing a suit.  That was before he did ITKWD.   I like Amy and hope she speaks more slowly and I could do without asking the models their favorite food, etc. and we can't hear the answers anyway.  Also, don't need the trivia stuff either (today is doughnut day).  I do like the idea of rotating hosts for PM Style and other shows.   QVC needs more fashion lines.  I don't think they should stop featuring items for the older/retired ladies.  Younger people still like to go to the mall or they are so computer savy they can find anything anywhere online.   The shows are getting so boring with the same old items over and over and the same way of presenting them.   

Occasional Contributor

i think it'

sa good move  I feel  shawn has made it  her show   here's'

shawn  .    it had been a bit of over kill  with her comments as of latae!!