Contributor

Shawn Killinger is my favorite host!  She is absolutely fabulous!

Trusted Contributor

Why is it when someone looks totally ridiculus like the Logo woman or does something unbecoming to their appearance as Shawn with her hair do they call them "individuals".  Makes me laugh! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I never see the "edge".  It seems to be a pile-on of styles.  To each his own, I guess, but I would never describe this look as "edgy".

I agree: she doesn't look "edgy" to me either, just a fashion don't.

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Having hair hanging ON your face and constantly brushing it back is super unattractive.

I don't get why anyone would do this.

Hyacinth

I completely agree.  Honestly, I really can't watch her -- her hair hanging in her eyes drives me nuts!  Not a good look at all, in my opinion.

Occasional Contributor

I don't want to be mean but I really preferred Shawn's style when she first started working on the Q! I can't even watch her anymore, the harsh look makes think she's depressed! I suppose it's the style but I feel concern for someone who becomes so harsh with dark makeup, dark hair roots and hair hanging in your face all the time like you're trying to hide who you really are! And the clothes are almost always dark! 

Like I've said, I just don't watch her shows anymore. I do like Courtney and I wish she was on more.

Honored Contributor

Facial expressions and body language are part of communication with an audience.  Personally, I don't think QVC should allow any host to wear his or her hair that partely covers the face (as Shawn's does) or is in a host's eyes so much that he or she must constantly be fussing with it to keep it back (which is very distracting from a presentation of a product.)   That should just be a rule at QVC for hosts if they want to be on air.

Nothing against Shawn but IMO her hair isn't appropriate for a host who is speaking to an audience and presenting products.  A host should be able to make eye contact with viewers, and without distraction (i.e. pushing hair back).

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Facial expressions and body language are part of communication with an audience.  Personally, I don't think QVC should allow any host to wear his or her hair that partely covers the face (as Shawn's does) or is in a host's eyes so much that he or she must constantly be fussing with it to keep it back (which is very distracting from a presentation of a product.)   That should just be a rule at QVC for hosts if they want to be on air.

Nothing against Shawn but IMO her hair isn't appropriate for a host who is speaking to an audience and presenting products.  A host should be able to make eye contact with viewers, and without distraction (i.e. pushing hair back).

So true, @Pearlee. That's also why communication is not good when wearing sun glasses.

Frequent Contributor

She used to be so darn cute with that blond hair and those bangs.  She brought a new and quirky side to QVC..........until she became the resident diva.  Now it's all hair that hides her face, super dark eye make-up from metal bands of the 80's, dresses that are either too short or the mullet look and very expensive shoes that are not sold on QVC. Remember when she was all about the flats because she has bad feet.......and didn't like dresses so much?  She is funny and can be so cute..........I, for  one, want the old Shawn back!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn K hair

[ Edited ]

Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of bashing