Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn K., PLEASE hurry back!

@Just Bling wrote:

My mom and dad moved into a house without any furniture and they coudn't afford any so they used wooden crates to sit on.  Today's children are lucky to get married parents since many women are having children without getting married and it's a "I" society vs a "us" society.

I really feel sorry for the kids today, mom's got her face in the phone and the kids do what they want or for dinner, give the kids the phone and no one needs to bother with them.

The problem with Dr. Laura is "she's right"

Umm no she isn't.... No need to feel sorry for my child. My face isn't always in the phone and my son doesn't do what he wants for dinner and yes we do "bother" to be with him. See what happens when people make blanket statements, they are wrong! My child has perfect attendance in school, receives 1st honors as far as grades, plays sports, takes swim lessons, has friends and is well rounded. I say we are raising him right and me choosing to go back to work instead of being a SAHM did not ruin him. He's doing well if I say so myself.

Frequent Contributor

Please keep it as it is now.  Too much drama with sk.

Honored Contributor

I don't miss any of the hosts when they are not on.  QVC needs to improve their product line more so than making some hosts the "divas."    I also like to see different hosts present beauty, kitchen shows, jewelry, etc.  More interesting that way.  Don't think hosts need their name attached to shows like they are the only one that can present fashions, beauty, etc.

Honored Contributor

If you go to facebook's page directly, Shawn's page is there.  But sometimes FB has issues and you cannot pull up certain pages.

Shawn doesn't seem to be on FB much at all anymore.  She is posting more on Instagram.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I don't know why they couldn't have rotated hosts while she was off. But no, they had to use the same host over and over and over.  A litle variety would be too much to ask.  

That's how I feel about the Monday night line-up in general.  It's the same week after week.  IMO they should rotate. 

Respected Contributor

I love Amy....she does a great job. 

Valued Contributor

Good idea Daysdee!  Some hosts really seem to get stale presenting same product line over and over.  For instance, would love to see Shawn present more jewelry; less of Sandra Bennett presenting beauty, etc.  I would think the hosts would prefer this also.  How can you possible stay overly enthusiastic presenting same thing over and over and over?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Dr, Laura preaches that if a woman decides to have children she should stay home and raise the child.  Many ask, how are we supposed to afford things, she states that one will find ways and your child needs its' mother for care and nurturing. 

Does the Q have day care for their employees or does the child have to go to day care?

Are you referring to the same Dr. Laura who is stuck in the 1950's way of thinking although she herself doesn't practice what she preaches?  She is a multimillionaire a few times over, so it's easy for her to suggest to women to just stay home and take care of their kids. She was also fairly well off when she had her son a couple of decades ago.  What if money is a problem and the rent or mortgage has to be paid?  Many times it's not about cutting out the extras.  Some people work just to pay for the necessities.

What if a woman wants to work and she and her spouse don't have a problem with that?  Most women I know work and their kids are fine.  Some people love their jobs and want to contribute to the world.  I have a friend who is a doctor with two kids - one four and the other about six months.  She's back at work.  All my teacher friends have kids and they're working.  I was raised by two parents who both worked and I grew up fine. 

The bigger problem is who will watch the kids?  Sometimes it's dad. Sometimes it's the grandparents or another relative.  Sometimes it has to be daycare.  As long as the place is legit, clean and has the kids' best interests at heart, then that's okay too. 

By the way, Dr. Laura grew up with a stay-at-home mother and the two had a contentious relationship.  She didn't even speak to her mother at her time of death.

Esteemed Contributor

Dad's can stay at home with the kid(s) too.

It's not just Mom who "has" to stay at home with them.

So much for "Dr." Laura.

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom, great post. I went back to work because I wanted to. We talked about me staying home, but I enjoy my job and I also feel it is good for kids to be with other kids at times. It just grates on my nerves when people think "their" way is the "only" way.