Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn K. False Advertisement! Item A262116 Josie Maran Super-size Argan Infinity Creamy Oil

Whoever ordered during the live presentation where it was presented as 2 for 1 should get 2 for 1.   How could they say live that they will get this particular deal and it not be true? 

Was it a special 2 for 1 just during the hour it was presented?  Like a special pricing for that hour?  That would make sense.

Contributor

Re: Shawn K. False Advertisement! Item A262116 Josie Maran Super-size Argan Infinity Creamy Oil

Didn't see this show, but the confusion sounds messy.  I don't think the hosts are particularly at fault.  Doesn't each show have a program director and staff in the background organizing the featured products and pricing?  Anyway, maybe you've already called and asked someone in customer service?  Did they help clarify this?

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99

Who is JM?

Honored Contributor

Who knows who fault this was.  The hosts receive cards on all the products they are presenting for their show and those cards are written for them and the hosts add their own notes.  Did Shawn's card say it was a 2-fer?  If so, it's not her fault she was given incorrect information. 

Someone definitely dropped the ball on this and I agree that whoever ordered live during the show should get what was presented or have the option of returning it at QVC's cost. 

How did a producer not have the proper information and correct Shawn?  That's not the first time false information has been given and the host isn't corrected.       

Respected Contributor

I very rarely watch QVC presentations because I got tired of hosts coming very close to false advertising.  Too many times I've heard "you can get this home for only ...." which makes it sound like the actual price is as stated when it's actually the ez pay cost.  Also, the push to buy 2 or 3 items because of the low(?)  price.  The hard sell turned me off. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat

JM is probably Josie Maran.

Honored Contributor

All I can say is OMG, girls!Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Contributor

The producer who has the bug in Shawn’s ear should have corrected her on air. 

Honored Contributor

If the presentation was misleading and the proof is in the video, call customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor.  If they showed two tubes and if they said it was two tubes, then QVC should honor that price.  That's only fair.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If the presentation was misleading and the proof is in the video, call customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor.  If they showed two tubes and if they said it was two tubes, then QVC should honor that price.  That's only fair.

the video is gone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein