Honored Contributor

I find the exact opposite.  So many women wear one or two sizes too big and to me they would look better in a smaller size - BUT - that is my opinion and everyone should wear what they like and are comfortable in.  I am not comfortable in clothes that hang on me and want a perfect snug fit  with no excess material. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find it odd that 2 hosts that are consistently in sizes too small, one who carries bonus weight in her abdomen and one who carries bonus weight in her upper thighs are totally unaware that they need to size up. How can they not see it when they are always checking themselves out in the monitor? Particularly the one who is always trying to pose like a model and saying "look how skinny this makes me look?" Huh? On the rare occasion they are in the correct size they look so much more comfortable and like they lost 20 lbs. 

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

It's not just Shawn, unfortunately it is other hosts and models too. HSN models are even worse.  They cram those poor ladies in jeans and jeggings that have to be 2 sizes to small.  It's a turn off.  Does not present the clothing in it's best light. Some hosts, like  Leah and Jayne always look put together.  One last complaint, if the hosts are wearing clothing being presenting, why do they have to try to look cutsie by doing a 1/2 tuck, tie a shirt etc.  

That's because it's important to them that everyone thinks they wear an XXS.

Respected Contributor

Even when they're showing clothes on the rack or in their hand on a hanger the size is always XS.  Why?

Esteemed Contributor

How about how the reps and hosts say everything makes you look thinner, long and lean, etc. A V-neck makes you look long and lean, a seam going in makes you look thin, wear this print to look long and lean.  Come on, you can trick the eye, but sell the clothes w/o trying to make everybody think all that is needed is your clothes to look tall, thin, lean, skinny. If you've gained ten pounds over Covid, that V-neck isn't fooling anyone. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn Clothes Sizing

[ Edited ]

When I was young my mother was a stitcher for the ILGWU sewing higher end women's clothes.  She always told me if you pick up 2-3 of the same garments, same size, none of them will fit the same.  Reason is because it depends on how close the garment cutter cut the material to the pattern and how close the stitcher sewed the seams together. 

If a cutter cut the pattern very close and then the stitcher took in too much when sewing, then those garments could be smaller by as much as 1-2 inches overall than the same garment cut by another cutter that cut more generously and a stitcher that sewed more generous along seams.  Many times I have tried on same garment of the same color in stores and every one fit differently.  I would go into fitting rooms with 2-3 of the SAME item, SAME color, marked the SAME size, and one could have sleeves cut too short, another would button too tight and another could fit just right.

Sizing is not a universal thing.  Every company and every garment has it's own sizing proportions.  Just because you wear a size 2 or a 14 or a 22 does not mean you wear a 2, 14, or 22 in every garment from that manufacturer or any other manufacturer.  You wear the size that fits you correctly.  

If someone wears a blouse, shirt or jacket tight to flatter their bust line they are not wearing the proper size if it is all stretched out and tight at their hips.

And when it comes to the models or hosts wearing blouses, jackets, sweaters...a proper fit allows you to CLOSE EVERY BUTTON, SNAP OR ZIPPER 'COMPLETELY' without it gaping, pulling, or the garment looking like you were poured into it.  The garment does not fit properly at sleeve openings, shoulder placement and across the back if it does not fit properly in the front and you CANNOT CLOSE IT.  If it is too tight in front to completely close then it is too tight across the back, shoulders and the sleeve openings & placement.  Every garment looks better if you do NOT look like you were poured into it, unless it is an undergarment.  Not one model is able to properly close their garments for a correct fit.

Outlines of body cracks are not a flattering look on anyone of any age, size, or figure.

Respected Contributor

Why don't women just wear the size that actually fits them the best?

Why are women so obsessed with that size tag?

You are an extra small or you are not, you are a 1x or you are not...

The size is irrelevant.

A good fit goes a long way in how one looks!

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Why don't women just wear the size that actually fits them the best?

Why are women so obsessed with that size tag?

You are an extra small or you are not, you are a 1x or you are not...

The size is irrelevant.

A good fit goes a long way in how one looks!

@CAMOGIRL 

Exactly!  You are the size that FITS you CORRECTLY!

Trusted Contributor

If you are lean and toned, you can wear clothes closer to the body because it only shows off your lean figure.  Not the case if like myself, you have bulges, and are carrying extra pounds.  For example. Amy Strand is lean and could wear tight jeans and look great, however there are a couple of plus size models they use who look horrible squeezed into pants that show every lump and bump. It is a real turn off.  Since these two models always wear the clothes at least two sizes too small I assume they like to look like sausages,

Honored Contributor

I wear a 1X from QVC.  I often notice that the XL measurements are just about the same and occasionally take a chance on XL if 1X is sold out.  But I like the mental ease of the 1X.  One would think these hosts would be happy in an XS or even an S.  What do they wear from a retail store?  Its been years since I've bought clothing from HSN.  Those statuesque plus models crammed into clothing they can barely breath in, much less sit down in, are a real sales killer.