Super Contributor

I really love Shawn's shows, but find that the items she is presenting don't look so great on her because she is wearing too small of a size.  Maybe she gained some covid weight, really haven't we all, but just wish she would choose a more flattering fit.  Loving her with Courtney tonight!

Esteemed Contributor

I  Don't go by her sizing tips . That XS does not fit her on some styles she presents .

Seems most of the other Hosts  who wear  sizes larger than XS  are outfitted with sizes that fit them .

Trusted Contributor

Wanted to get my opinion in before this post goes away. I've said this before and I'll say it again, it's not about size, it's about fit. I sold clothes for 20 years. There are some women who are so size obsessed they will squeeze themselves into a smaller size no matter how it looks. The size tags are not on the outside of the garment, they're on the inside. No one needs to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

Wanted to get my opinion in before this post goes away. I've said this before and I'll say it again, it's not about size, it's about fit. I sold clothes for 20 years. There are some women who are so size obsessed they will squeeze themselves into a smaller size no matter how it looks. The size tags are not on the outside of the garment, they're on the inside. No one needs to know.

This!  I have a good friend who refuses to size up when she gains weight.  As a result she looks heavy.  If she wore the size that fit her she would look great.

Super Contributor

@NEvans2  Exactly!  Just wear the size that is the best fit instead of worrying about a number or letter size.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not just Shawn, unfortunately it is other hosts and models too. HSN models are even worse.  They cram those poor ladies in jeans and jeggings that have to be 2 sizes to small.  It's a turn off.  Does not present the clothing in it's best light. Some hosts, like  Leah and Jayne always look put together.  One last complaint, if the hosts are wearing clothing being presenting, why do they have to try to look cutsie by doing a 1/2 tuck, tie a shirt etc.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

I really love Shawn's shows, but find that the items she is presenting don't look so great on her because she is wearing too small of a size.  Maybe she gained some covid weight, really haven't we all, but just wish she would choose a more flattering fit.  Loving her with Courtney tonight!

@minimalistWF 

She has always worn clothing too small for her, since I have been watching, c. 2010

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

It's not just Shawn, unfortunately it is other hosts and models too. HSN models are even worse.  They cram those poor ladies in jeans and jeggings that have to be 2 sizes to small.  It's a turn off.  Does not present the clothing in it's best light. Some hosts, like  Leah and Jayne always look put together.  One last complaint, if the hosts are wearing clothing being presenting, why do they have to try to look cutsie by doing a 1/2 tuck, tie a shirt etc.  

I totally agree. When they do a half tuck or tie a shirt It makes it hard to see what the item actually looks like on the body. We can figure out how to style the item. We don't need the hosts and models to show us how.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@mspatmac,

I so agree.

And I love your dogSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

For me, that's why it's hard to shop by mail for clothing!  Sizing is very inconsistent.  I will wear one size in one brand and another size in another brand.  I am not going to cram myself into a size that totally does not fit me just to say --- Oh, I wear a size __!  Ridiculous!  Clothing that is ill fitting --- no matter the reason --- does not flatter a person.  Nobody needs to know your size by you!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin