Super Contributor

I ordered the recent Shark Stratos and having difficulty disconnecting the top where dust cup located from the electrical pole.  It will go in but the gray button will not push to get it out.  If you purchased are you having difficulty or is it this machine?

Honored Contributor

@toril wrote:

I ordered the recent Shark Stratos and having difficulty disconnecting the top where dust cup located from the electrical pole.  It will go in but the gray button will not push to get it out.  If you purchased are you having difficulty or is it this machine?

@toril   I just received mine last week.  Have used it three times now.... 

I take the entire plastic  dust, dirt  container out by  pushing in the grey buttons as you call them on either side of the container... it should just push in and then you pull the container out.

There are two grey " buttons" one on either side... are you pushing both of them together and then pulling the container out?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shark Stratos

[ Edited ]

@toril 

Are you talking about trying to get the hand held portion out, or the dust cup?

I've found this model to fit a little more tightly than the previous similar model I have, specifically the dust cup.  I also have learned on many of these plastic knobs/buttons releases you have to be precise about how you push them.  A bit off center and they won't work.

But no, I can't say that mine has any type of malfunction.  If yours does, you can return/exchange it or call the Shark service phone number in the owner's guide to see if they can help you before you return.

ETA:  Also, if you mean the hand held release button, make sure you're pushing on the lower indented portion of the gray button, which is what moves the plastic bit inside the tube and lets the hand vac come out of the stick.

Super Contributor

Yes, trying to take the hand held part off.  Did not have a problem with the dust cup.  I am pushing on the gray button at the bottom and it does not want to come off.  Went on very easy so could be a problem with the button I guess.  Now how to get the thing back in the box if I have to send it back defective.  

Contributor

It's clearly specificed within the owners manual, there are diagrams to indicate where the buttons are located.

Super Contributor

All buttons are located, but it does not remove when pushed.  I am correct on the button.  The gray button will not release. No issue with location of the correct button or reading and following directions.

Honored Contributor

@toril wrote:

All buttons are located, but it does not remove when pushed.  I am correct on the button.  The gray button will not release. No issue with location of the correct button or reading and following directions.

@toril   not button... BUTTON "S"  There are two buttons you are pushing in at the same time right to release the dust and dirt catcher?

Super Contributor

Trying to get the hand held part out not the dust cup...but thanks.

Honored Contributor

@toril wrote:

Trying to get the hand held part out not the dust cup...but thanks.

@toril  Thanks for the correction.