Contributor

Re: Shape X Vendor in Shorts!

What is Shape X?  Is that a clothing line or fitness equipment or something else?

Respected Contributor

Oh my stars and garters, we are seeing more and more skin on the men and women!

Men in shorts, women in barely there dresses, models in underwear, oh my, what will be next?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice to keep SOME kind of standards?

QVC does have a certain kind of standard, and I think those shorts on that guy are not within them.  I would say skintight pants on a man are also not within them.

It's not that we haven't seen even more or seen it before.  I think most of us have some idea of tasteful, and those red shorts and that get up don't fit the standards.

As a nurse, I have seen hundreds or thousands of people naked in every which way.  Doesn't mean I want to see anything, anytime!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

He would have looked better wearing the crop pants he was selling!!

Trusted Contributor

I remain at a loss, as to what is so objectionable, about a healthy appearing, fit man, in a pair of , what are basically city length, walking shorts??

They weren't baggy, they weren't overly tight. They certainly weren't short,shorts.  Yes they were red, a choice, probably, not for a lot of guys, but, so what? This guy works, in the fashion industry. Probably safe to say, his style might br more "out there", than my Architect,,again, so what, that's OK, no? 

As I said earlier, I recently watched a program, the female vendors,,all modeled,,a swimsuit, from their line. The ladies all looked nice, but, certainly   Less covered, than this guy. I've seen Female Hosts and Vendors, in shorts, little sundresses, etc. no problem, IMO. 

So, if I didn't know better, I might think, it wasn't really the "clothes", that some folks, were bothered by.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:
Dreadful look. The best host to compliment his awful look would be Kerstin.

Maybe Dennis Basso will wear red shorts next....

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't see the guy in the red shorts, but just take a look at the guys in the LLBean catalog with their khaki shorts, especially the cargo's. I wouldn't mind that look with a nice LLBean top.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

Didn't see the guy in the red shorts, but just take a look at the guys in the LLBean catalog with their khaki shorts, especially the cargo's. I wouldn't mind that look with a nice LLBean top.

Taja, I like the way you think. I love a handsome, fit, and yes, younger man in nice shorts, as long as he's NOT in socks with sandals. 

dee

Trusted Contributor

How does this, in any way, affect you?

I never cease to be amazed at the things people will gossip and complain about.

Something is tacky, and it is not the vendor's clothing.

Honored Contributor

When Lisa Mason returned to hosting, she wore white city shorts a number of times, on air, for her shift.  

It's really not a big deal at all.  Maybe it's the fact that we don't see this often that some find so objectionable but I saw nothing wrong with what he had on.  You personally might not care for it but it was fine IMO.