Valued Contributor

Serta TSV today makes me

[ Edited ]

It makes me angry that when they do the presentation for the TSV today, the Serta mattress set, they repeatedly say that it will , "NEVER, EVER sag", that "there is reinforcement around the edge to prevent sagging" etc.  It's NOT true.  I have purchased 2 of their mattresses from QVC and the same claims were made and within weeks, I'm talking weeks after purchasing them, there were dips/wells on the edges.  I urge anyone who wants to purchase it to consider this.  Also, read other reviews for the Serta mattresses and you will see the same complaint from other people about the sagging.  Buyers beware.

I need a mattress desperatelty and the sagging is the reason.  Yes, it's still the 2nd Serta that I purchased and I just can't afford a new mattress yet.  When I can, it will not be a Serta.

I don't like to say bad things about the products but I don't want the other customers to get ripped off by believing certain statements that aren't true.  This is too much money to play around with and the only ones losing anything will be the customers.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

Re: Serta TSV today makes me

One of the problems people don’t realize is these mattresses today are only one sided. It used to be that you could turn and flip your mattress to keep this from happening. The mattress people have a built-in replacement factor these days, they eliminated the two sided mattress.

The “original mattress factory“ is the only company I know who makes a two sided mattress.

Honored Contributor

Saying it won't sag is hype, I hope people don't fall for it because there is no mattress worth sleeping on that will never sag.    It defies physics.

I sleep on a Simmons Beautyrest.    I love their mattresses.

Not sure if you remember but their TV commercials show someone sleeping on one side and they drop a bowling ball on the other side and the sleeper never feels it.   Plus the sides are firm so when your partner gets out of bed, you don't feel it on your side.

I would say those features last about 10 years.

My DH was a light sleeper with health problems & he was up & down all night.

I'm due for a new mattress, my next purchase will be an adjustable option.

Esteemed Contributor

In a spare room I have a mattress so old it has tags on each end saying what month and arrows pointing which way to flip as well as spin head end to foot end. It's every 6 months and it's at  least 15 years old but it's not used every night so I have never followed it to a T.

Honored Contributor

I would never buy a mattress from TV.  Need to see/feel it before purchasing.

Honored Contributor

I bought my Helix brand  bed in a box 3 years ago and have to say, it is a wonderful thing!! It is a foam mattress that does not need to be flipped over, but I do change it around from top to bottom every 6 months. Back 3 years, it was made according to my personal specs so it can't be turned over. It has a10 year warranty on it and I cover it with a wonderful mattress pad. I don't think I would buy off TV but in person it is difficult too. What may feel great , in a store, fully clothed and for just a few minutes----is iffy too. My DB bought their bed that way and ended up returning the thing---what a hassel that was!! He bought a Helix mattress too.

Super Contributor

Serta is my favorite mattress! Always get a great night's sleep. Have slept on them all my life without sagging for 10+ years. Even the edges stay firm which is where I sleep. Yes, it's one of those thick,heavy mattresses you can't flip, but almost all mattress companies only offer these.

Perhaps QVC's Serta is a lower qualtiy. Mine are from Serta's top end.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter is looking for a new mattress.  Not made up her mind yet.   However I asked her to look at the QVC one and her response....... MOM, I SAW THE SAME THING FOR MUCH LESS IN THE LOCAL STORES.  THEY ARE OVERPRICED.  

Valued Contributor

They claim there's no need to flip them though....?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

You still can by mattresses that can be flipped. I have one. Ask in the store.