Regular Contributor

Seriously?? That Review Was Allowed

So I was just reading reviews on a clothing item when I came across someone ranting about QVC and giving a bad review of the item because she was too late in ordeing the item. The item was shown hours before it sold out and she is upset and gives the product she is not even going to recieve a bad review. I do read reviews before I purchase for the most part and I do take them with the a grain of salt but seriously do you not have more to do in your life than to right a bad review on a product you don't have because you weren't up earlier enough in the morning and feel the need to bash QVC for it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously?? That Review Was Allowed

She should have come out here to rant about that.
Honored Contributor

There are tons of those type of reviews, and QVC let's them stay.

Conversely, there are just as many reviews that say, "It's finally in petite, but not in my color.  I hope they bring it back so I can order one."  They give that a 5-star review.  Equally useless.

I read the reviews also, but you have to take it with a chunky cube of salt.

Respected Contributor

I wonder about this too.  What is it that makes people do this? Seeing their "name" in "print"?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Speaking of reviews......what’s with the people who always check the “review was not helpful” box? I have seen this happen with well written reviews that intelligently discuss sizing, color, and material but still get a “not helpful” check if there is even the tiniest negative comment. This seems to happen more with items from popular designers.

Honored Contributor

@hotbuyer.  If QVC wants to shoot themselves in the foot, there isn't much we can do about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Speaking of reviews......what’s with the people who always check the “review was not helpful” box? I have seen this happen with well written reviews that intelligently discuss sizing, color, and material but still get a “not helpful” check if there is even the tiniest negative comment. This seems to happen more with items from popular designers.

Yes, I see that often @Jasmine19 .  Chalk it up to the brand's fan club acting like middle schoolers who dare not let anything pass without extreme praise.  It's so blatantly ridiculous.

I blame QVC or touting their "Customer Top Rated" moniker.  There are brand groupies that apparently feel it's their duty to fight for that title for the designer.  I see it especially with Lug and Barefoot Dreams, but I'm sure there are others. I find it very childish.

Valued Contributor

I saw that review too and tend to agree but I understand the frustration. Black is going to be the number one seller. It shouldn’t be selling out in the first hour of a TSV...even with the presale.

That just tells me it was either poor planning on QVCs part or they have a ton they’ve ordered and they’re to unload them before moving to clearance.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like not being able to order the item really ticked the customer off. I would just ignore a review like that and that's no doubt what the Q did, maybe in hopes that she would order it when it's offered again. I figure the Q does not want to alienate anyone.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Yes, I see that often @Jasmine19 .  Chalk it up to the brand's fan club acting like middle schoolers who dare not let anything pass without extreme praise.  It's so blatantly ridiculous.

I blame QVC or touting their "Customer Top Rated" moniker.  There are brand groupies that apparently feel it's their duty to fight for that title for the designer.  I see it especially with Lug and Barefoot Dreams, but I'm sure there are others. I find it very childish.

I think you’re right. Logo fans do the same.