Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously? QVC management doesn't read these boards?

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

One thing they took seriously was the constant complaint by posters who wanted “models that looked like them.”

I don’t watch very much at all, but one night I caught a glimpse of one of the fashion shows.  There were six women on the set.  Both the host and the vender were plus size, as were all four of the models.

I am rather small and thin and would much prefer models that look like models, i.e., 5’10” and sizes 2 to 4-6.  The clothes look much better on them. I don’t need to see a model who looks like me.

I cannot relate to models who are stretching the pants to the point they could split, and unable to close the jackets, etc.  I can’t tell anything about the fall of the clothing. I have no objection to plus size models, perhaps one or two each show . . . I see the point in that. But the Q has gone way overboard with this concept, IMO.

@LilacTree 

Oh you are sooooo right about the way too tight pants and jeans.....and thats the fault of the QVC stylist....I thought it was interesting as I was watching a show the host asked the models about sizing and the one model said she was glad the stylist gave her a larger size and she felt more comfortable in that size than what the stylist usually gave her to wear..... 

And sometimes the tops/blouses are also tight around the stomach area...and the models must notice on the monitor because then they put their hands in front of their stomach to hide that fact....

I am petite and a medium and I DO like seeing models my height and size wear the clothes....The models wearing an XXS always look good....but thats not true of all sizes and body shapes in particular styles and brands....I do appreciate it when a show has models of various shapes and sizes it gives one a more realistic view and sometimes the CLICK HERE measurements are missing or not accurate....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

I would like to think QVC management is gleaning information from these boards, but I’ve seen no evidence of it. I don’t think they believe they can learn anything from the people in this forum. I think they believe they know best without any input except from within their own small circle.

Ive left several emails regarding showing items that dont belong "In the Kitchen"... vaccum cleaners, mattresses, IPads etc but they continue to air these superfilous items showcased during In the Kitchen.  Messages left with customer service agents, hand written letters.  They dont even acknowledge our suggestions. I feel THEY think they know better.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

I would like to think QVC management is gleaning information from these boards, but I’ve seen no evidence of it. I don’t think they believe they can learn anything from the people in this forum. I think they believe they know best without any input except from within their own small circle.

Ive left several emails regarding showing items that dont belong "In the Kitchen"... vaccum cleaners, mattresses, IPads etc but they continue to air these superfilous items showcased during In the Kitchen.  Messages left with customer service agents, hand written letters.  They dont even acknowledge our suggestions. I feel THEY think they know better.

They base their programming on the bottom line: volume of sales.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

If the hosts do not read about themselves on the forums, someone does and mentions it to them. I have heard Pat, Antonella, MBR, Shawn and others comment on things that were discussed about them on these forums. The Q would never maintain these forums if they were not getting info about us and what we think about them.

Contributor

I totally agree.  They have enough beauty shows - above and beyond.  It was refreshing to see ALL fashions!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

If the hosts do not read about themselves on the forums, someone does and mentions it to them. I have heard Pat, Antonella, MBR, Shawn and others comment on things that were discussed about them on these forums. The Q would never maintain these forums if they were not getting info about us and what we think about them.

@blackhole99  Too bad they never implement what has been discussed. Nothing has changed. 

They’ve been maintaining these forums many many years. They were very different in the Shop Talk days.

Honored Contributor

The views of the posters on these boards does not make them right.  The posters here are a very few compared to the total audience that Q has.  Obviously, most viewers like it the way it is.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jubilant 

🎈You asked why people dont use the SUGGESTION BOX category on the Forums:

🎈Because every single suggestion gets bashed and trashed with snarky comments by what I call "The QVC Fan Club"....People just gave up submitting ideas....

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

@Spurt  

There are a few posters who always rush to defend QVC, no matter what they do. It’s usually the same ones.  I can count on them.

Trusted Contributor

I think members of the management team do read these boards.  But I honestly don't think they care what we say since we are not the "retail" experts and we are not the target demographic.  We spend money but we don't know how to run a mammoth retail buisness across various platforms.  For instance, yesterday I saw a new ad for Reebok products to be sold on QVC; the talent was all young.  Not one person over 30 in the ad.  But the under 30 group doesn't shop at QVC, and it's our middle-aged and older money that has built the company into what it is now.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Even if they do see them, very few critical "opinions" can really be taken seriously.  All they would have to do is go back and find the sames ones whinning over and over who think QVC should act on their long list of personal issues about hosts they cannot stand, hosts hair, makeup, mispronounciations,  hosts who should be trained meeting their oh so perfect standards, products they have no interest in and don't want shown as often,  hosts that don't meet their personal dress codes, who should be disciplined or fired and on and on.  While there are some legitimate complaints  that should be taken notice of, most  are just probably amusing at best!!  They have experienced professionals working for the company who know a little more about the details of this business that none of us have access to.

@Pook  

And thats probably why practically every retail and service company out there spends tons of money on surveys and then analyzing the results, even though they only get a small sample back they seem to take the comments seriously.....QVC can just come to the Forums and obtain customer feedback....

- How much do companies spend on market surveys and research? . The total spent by companies in 2015 was $68 billion ......

@Spurt  Thanks for writing my post for me.  I will add that after several decades in the marketing business of corporate retail I can only say that if QVC does not have someone from their marketing department perusing the boards they are missing out of utilizing a valuable marketing research tool which costs ($$$) them far less than what they would pay an independent firm to collect data on the merchandise, show production and hosts opinions which are the subjects of numerous threads.  Even the posts which showcase or identify goods available from competitors can be used as a marketing tool.  Positive comments and "likes" can give the researchers some insight as to what the QVC customer is liking (or not liking) elsewhere to share with the buyers as they work with fashion and other department vendors to bring products to QVC.