Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously? QVC management doesn't read these boards?

I think companies pay attention to all social media regardless of sample size. In this day and age it is foolish to presume otherwise. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

they read the negative ones bc they delete them. Other than that we r their biggest commercials for sales

Trusted Contributor

I LIKE hope that LIKE management does read these LIKE boards and they will LIKE tell a certain vendor to learn how to speak LIKE a grown up.  It got so bad this morning, I had to turn off the show.  What adult in the public eye speaks in such a way?  

Honored Contributor

Don't know if what we say concerning the company gets back to management, hope it does, but I'd bet the moderators could write a book about what goes on here and it would be a best seller.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I've heard it commented over and over again that QVC management doesn't read these boards.  Does anyone seriously believe that?  Why else would they provide this forum?  Do you really think they just want us all to chat amongst ourselves?

hard to say,  

there are comments on things that need to be corrected, yet these are removed for various reasons, whether those reach anyone in "power" is up for conjecture. 

some hosts behaviour borders on questionable sometimes 

Trusted Contributor

I sure hope that the powers that be read these forums because I would like to thank the programmers profusely for presenting an AM Style that was truly about style and free of 1/2 hour presentations of beauty items. I really hope this is the beginning of a trend. QVC has myriad beauty programs; they don't need to take up air time with these products during fashion shows.

Regular Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I sure hope that the powers that be read these forums because I would like to thank the programmers profusely for presenting an AM Style that was truly about style and free of 1/2 hour presentations of beauty items. I really hope this is the beginning of a trend. QVC has myriad beauty programs; they don't need to take up air time with these products during fashion shows.

@Buffalogal47  I thorougly enjoyed AM Style this morning. Leah is always a pleasure to watch. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Veridoc wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. And it has also been mentioned that the hosts are not allowed on these boards. I think that means posting and making comments. Nobody will ever convince me that one or more of them are not sitting at home reading the heck out of the Q Talk and Suggestion Box forums.

@Veridoc 

If the hosts do read the Forums it's at their own risk.....I suspect they have enough to do just keeping up with their Facebook Pages......

There was another website it was called TWOP (Television Without Pity)....no holds barred site...but the comments were pretty much what you see here about the hosts/vendors ...Antonella even mentioned on air that she read the TWOP comments and knew what the viewers were saying....LOL....(now Antonella always got good comments)...

But it's the hosts choice, but being in the TV industry they know what comes with the territory....so I wouldnt take out a tissue and cry for them....they get well compensated in their job, and even Jill said she had developed a thick skin over the years....if someone is a TV personality its all part of it...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I think QVC skims the comments and I find it interesting that many of us in the Holiday Category have been asking for more elegant Christmas decor like LR used to do.....and lo and behold they will be offering a show with more elegant decor with Janine Graff......and in the promo she's dressed "to the nines too".....

There have been other things that the host said "the customers have asked for this".....

And some unsuccessful host and vendor combinations that generated a lot of "noise" on these Forums seem to be honored as well....

Now will they implement every suggestion or make all the changes we want...HECK NO!!!....But I think many of us would be satisified having just a few of them implemented....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

Even if they do see them, very few critical "opinions" can really be taken seriously.  All they would have to do is go back and find the sames ones whinning over and over who think QVC should act on their long list of personal issues about hosts they cannot stand, hosts hair, makeup, mispronounciations,  hosts who should be trained meeting their oh so perfect standards, products they have no interest in and don't want shown as often,  hosts that don't meet their personal dress codes, who should be disciplined or fired and on and on.  While there are some legitimate complaints  that should be taken notice of, most  are just probably amusing at best!!  They have experienced professionals working for the company who know a little more about the details of this business that none of us have access to.

@Pook  

And thats probably why practically every retail and service company out there spends tons of money on surveys and then analyzing the results, even though they only get a small sample back they seem to take the comments seriously.....QVC can just come to the Forums and obtain customer feedback....

- How much do companies spend on market surveys and research? . The total spent by companies in 2015 was $68 billion ......