Honored Contributor

Seriously? QVC management doesn't read these boards?

I've heard it commented over and over again that QVC management doesn't read these boards.  Does anyone seriously believe that?  Why else would they provide this forum?  Do you really think they just want us all to chat amongst ourselves?

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Seriously? QVC management doesn't read these boards?

[ Edited ]

I've heard the board monitors say they forward things to the powers that be.  I'm certain that at least a glance is given, but I would imagine that's all.  Just a glance.

Good day, @house_cat .

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I think they pay attention somewhat.  This is the first AM Style in many moons that I can remember showed ZERO beauty products!!!!  ....at least not yet!  Loving a true fashion show!

Super Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more. And it has also been mentioned that the hosts are not allowed on these boards. I think that means posting and making comments. Nobody will ever convince me that one or more of them are not sitting at home reading the heck out of the Q Talk and Suggestion Box forums.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  They may not actually read the individual posts - at least that's what I think.  I'm not at all sure they need to read every post.  There are much more efficient ways for them to know what they need to know to make the myriad decisions they need to make.

On one of the news-opinion shows I watch, the hosts ends with this charge for his panels:  Tell me something I don't already know.   Great question --  so,  what is it that management would learn if they read the boards?

Esteemed Contributor

Agree - I'm sure Mgmt isn't interested in your fight with your husband - but are interested in our comments about products and general services. 

Some posters keep repeating and repeating how QVC doesn't read this board...ha...don't believe it.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I've heard the board monitors say they forward things to the powers that be.  I'm certain that at least a glance is given, but I would imagine that's all.  Just a glance.

Good day, @house_cat .

Of course they forward things... these boards are full of priceless customer feedback for the corporation.  Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I believe the reason QVC provides the forum is for the collection of comments and data.  I've gotten lots of good advice here and made some wonderful friends. I enjoy participating and have no plans to stop, but I don't believe for a minute that it's the primary purpose of the forum.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Wishing you a good day, too.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure.  Add to it Facebook, Twitter, IG, Yelp - and many others.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I've heard it commented over and over again that QVC management doesn't read these boards.  Does anyone seriously believe that?  Why else would they provide this forum?  Do you really think they just want us all to chat amongst ourselves?

Of course they read these boards! 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

They are read by the Q. Quite a few years back it was obvious they were read. Even some of the hosts came on board - rare, but it happened. Even I do not read them like I once did but I am one of the OLD posters -I go way back.