New Contributor
I ordered my husband a Fitbit Charge hr for Christmas and when I opened the box to wrap it they had sent me the plain Charge! This is his only real gift, as we don't have a lot of money. So, so disappointed. Now I'm stuck on Christmas eve with nothing for him. Does this happen often?
New Contributor

Re: Sent me the wrong item!!!

Honored Contributor

Since he's a big boy and not a child (presumably) ,  he can understand that mistakes are made and he will hopefully get the correct item shortly.   Just wrap the wrong one and explain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I think Kachina is right about this one. So sorry that happened; I do think it's rare. Humans just make mistakes sometimes.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't even bother with the farce of wrapping the wrong item.  I would expect my husband to understand that this is just something that can happen with any order, from any retailer, and that the correct item is on its way.  

I have a similar incorrect order story which occurred today.  One of my best friends sent me a gift  which I opened right away.  I called her to say thanks and she could tell from my words that it was not the item she purchased to have shipped to me.  She is dealing with the company (not QVC), and I have been instructed repackage to received item and an electronic return receipt will be emailed to me.  We laughed at the mix up.  Afterall the real meaning of Christmas isn't about how many boxes are under the tree. 

Respected Contributor

In answer to your question - NO it doesn't appear to happen often.  I've never had it happen and I order on a regular basis. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iriesmom, A few days ago, I opened a QVC mailing envelope, then the cardboard jewelry box inside it, then the velveteen bag inside that...only to find nothing!  No item whatsoever.  Not even a lump of coal Smiley Sad

I'm really sorry this happened to you, I know that a lot of emotions go into this holiday, & you just wanted this to go right, and it didn't.  I have rarely ever had problems with QVC's ordering process, & I know they must be slammed over the holidays & now they have far fewer employees to do all the work, after downsizing over the years.  

Merry Christmas to you & your husband Smiley Happy

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

I just had it happen for the first time ever. I ordered 2 Winter Cranberry Mint Wen cleansing conditioners. I received 1 and the other was a Sweet Almond Mint. The boxes had 2 different UPC's, so it was a picking error. I chalked it up to seasonal help. They were probably sitting beside each other or someone slotted them incorrectly. Since it was a purchase for me, not a big deal, but it was inconvenient. They also refunded me instead of the exchange that I requested, so I lost the few dollars I would have saved if they had filled it correctly in the first place.

I am sorry this happened to you. I can imagine how disappointed you are, since it's the main gift for your husband.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago I ordered a piece of Diamonique 14KT earrings.  I received a sterling silver ring.  I knew it was a mistake as they happen.  However, I called CS and was told to send it back, but I would have to pay return postage!!!!

Are you kidding?  The dumbest CS representative on earth.  

Surely, your husband will understand.  He will just get his gift a bit late.  (A strange post, BTW).  I can't even imagine it being an issue.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

In answer to your question - NO it doesn't appear to happen often.  I've never had it happen and I order on a regular basis. 

Q sent me the wrong size in a LOGO item I ordered and tried on yesterday.  

To the OP, if you are buying your husband really only one "major" gift, from now on I think I'd buy it locally.  Live and learn, but "it's the thought that counts" and i'm sure if he loves you he'll completely understand.  

Make sure Q picks up the postage for having to send it back - it's Q's mistake.  That's what I'm going to do.