Honored Contributor

Send Stars to Support A Host

I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw some beautiful outdoor planters/solar lights posted by former QVC host, LR. I was going to give the post a "like", but instead it requested me to " buy stars" to help support her. Is it a gimmick? Is it really LR? Is this a common practice? It's all new to me!

Honored Contributor

Re: Send Stars to Support A Host

@AuntG  I saw a few posts yesterday on her FB asking her the same question. She responded she knew nothing about it and she was not asking for anything. I guess other people have seen the same thing you did. Who knows what's going on.

Trusted Contributor

It's been around for a few years now.  Something you mostly see on live gaming channels.  All content creators can be sent money (stars) though, and LR is a content creator. Same can be done when people stream live on YouTube, people send them money and get to comment something/ask a question/get a shout-out from the creator, etc.

From Facebook:

You can support original video creators and artists by buying and sending Stars through a live or on demand video on Facebook. Creators earn money for the Stars they receive. Learn how to buy and send Stars, where Stars are available and more.

Respected Contributor

Hard to believe it was on her site and she knew nothing about it...

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Hard to believe it was on her site and she knew nothing about it...

@chessylady  That's what she posted but then who really knows.

Respected Contributor

Facebook sets the terms and conditions for their website, Lisa's just a user of their site.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG I totally don't understand this concept but if I/we could I'd love to send stars to support Antonella.

Valued Contributor

@colleena ...   LOVE that idea !!

Respected Contributor

I've seen people on Facebook crafting videos asking for "stars" and getting them. If it's lucrative it will spread like wildfire.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter how much I might like a vendor, I'm not wasting my money on stars so the vendor looks better online or makes more money.