Occasional Contributor
I can’t imagine that QVC sells many self tanning products after looking at many of the hosts that look like pumpkins! Between the overdone tanners and overdone makeup it’s hard to believe that anyone would purchase some of these products! Just my opinion but many of them look just hideous!
Honored Contributor

@LMCD 

Some of the hosts must be doing their legs and feet.  I've noticed splotchy tans on ankles in some of the sandals shown recently.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Dare I say a bit too orange.

Could be my tv screen, though.  

I'm always adjusting the color via my remote whenever self tanners are presented.

I think that bronzers seem to be more natural looking, and no need to adjust my tv's color.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Never found a tanner that didn't turn orange on me and there have been many.  Awful.  

I think they work best for smoothing out an uneven tan.  The orange isn't as noticeable. 

Trusted Contributor

The last couple summers I have been using Josie Maran's tanning oil. I do not put it on with the mitt. I put a couple drops in my body lotion. I use First Aid Beauty in the jar. So I just scoop out some lotion, add two or more drops of the tanning oil, rub my hands together and apply. I have never had streaks, I have never turned orange and it looks very natural. Just thought I'd share.🌞

Respected Contributor

@LMCD  I couldn't agree more.  Some of them look ridiculous!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I think they look awful too--after trying several myself over the years---the one that i thought was the best was a clear one that had dark beads in it that was called clear tan---not sure about the name , but it was on the Q and was a bronzer not a tanner so it came off in the shower. But it didn't smell like dirty feet and gave me a nice natural tan and didn't stain either. 

Super Contributor
Is there anything, person, style, hairstyle , skinny pant, host that ppl do not pick apart aside from their favorites? It is so apparent that posters here just bash hosts they do not care for and continuously praise the older hosts that they want to watch 24/ 7 .
Respected Contributor

@Grace6663582 wrote:
Is there anything, person, style, hairstyle , skinny pant, host that ppl do not pick apart aside from their favorites? It is so apparent that posters here just bash hosts they do not care for and continuously praise the older hosts that they want to watch 24/ 7 .

Uh yeah, it's been going on here for years, where have you been?  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I think they look awful too--after trying several myself over the years---the one that i thought was the best was a clear one that had dark beads in it that was called clear tan---not sure about the name , but it was on the Q and was a bronzer not a tanner so it came off in the shower. But it didn't smell like dirty feet and gave me a nice natural tan and didn't stain either. 

I think it must be a pre-requisite for hosts to have to use self tanner.  If you believe everything they say, they use and buy every product that is shown on QVC.  Would not be the job for me.  False eyelashes, false hairpieces, clown make-up, just silly to sell these cheapo products.