Frequent Contributor

Re: Seems to me QVC is looking to lose business

On 4/11/2015 jaxs mom said:

I'm going to give you a thumbs up just because you used the term lose correctly. I can't tell you how many times people write loose for lose.

jaxs mom, I get annoyed with myself when my buttons are loose and I don't sew them immediately and then lose them!Cool

Frequent Contributor

On 4/11/2015 GCR18 said: OP, It sounds like you would be happier at one of the other shopping channels.

GCR18, actually I've been shopping very infrequently on any of the "shopping channels." This past Christmas I bought every single gift on-line. Between Amazon, Toys 'R Us, Kmart and a few other web sites, I never hit one single B & M and never paid a penny in shipping. I'm very disappointed in QVC as I have shopped with them for over 25 years and have seen a huge decline in so many areas.

Frequent Contributor

On 4/2/2015 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Applause...

They just seem completely off kilter and out of touch. Mis-step after mis-step, poor decisions and poor choices and it's been this way for a very, very long time.

stevieb, I'm a very hit and miss poster here, but would like to thank you for always being very kind and generous to me; it's appreciated. LuLu

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2015 LuLuBelle said:
On 4/11/2015 GCR18 said: OP, It sounds like you would be happier at one of the other shopping channels.

GCR18, actually I've been shopping very infrequently on any of the "shopping channels." This past Christmas I bought every single gift on-line. Between Amazon, Toys 'R Us, Kmart and a few other web sites, I never hit one single B & M and never paid a penny in shipping. I'm very disappointed in QVC as I have shopped with them for over 25 years and have seen a huge decline in so many areas.

Unfortunately the q likely isn't going to change. They are not the same company they were 20 years ago. The current strategy is working for the bottom line.
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Applause...

They just seem completely off kilter and out of touch. Mis-step after mis-step, poor decisions and poor choices and it's been this way for a very, very long time.

stevieb, I'm a very hit and miss poster here, but would like to thank you for always being very kind and generous to me; it's appreciated. LuLu

She is nice to everybody even while making strong points. She's been welcoming to me, too. Thanks, stevie.

Frequent Contributor

On 4/11/2015 taja123 said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Applause...

She is nice to everybody even while making strong points. She's been welcoming to me, too. Thanks, stevie.

taja, glad you have felt the same. Sometimes it can feel pretty exclusive if you're not "in" with the "in" crowd. Good for stevie to be a good egg!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Applause...

taja, glad you have felt the same. Sometimes it can feel pretty exclusive if you're not "in" with the "in" crowd. Good for stevie to be a good egg!

Thanks to you both for your kindness...

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

On 4/11/2015 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Applause...

Smile

You're very welcome. You deserve nice words and warm thoughts aimed your way! LuLu

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2015 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Applause...

Smile

You're very welcome. You deserve nice words and warm thoughts aimed your way! LuLu

Well, they're certainly much appreciated...

As is your reminder to spay and neuter. It's so important.

Wink

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

And for the curious----we don't watch what doesn't interest us (in case someone wants to suggest---change the channel, find something else to do) that is EXACTLY what we already do...{#emotions_dlg.glare}. The reason why most of us even bother to post and give our feedback is because we hope that perhaps QVC will listen so they will become a viable retail option once again.....oh there might actually be a few QVC vendors we continue to do business with, but that loyalty is hanging by a thread as QVC becomes less and less of a retail option.

Here's an interesting article about the importance of customer retention. Perhaps QVC should read and listen---

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2015/03/31/how-to-improve-customer-retention-build-wells-not-fences/

I liked this point from the article in particular---

Knowing where and when to build wells is a challenge. McKain advises retailers to use the tools and information they have to better understand what customers really want.

If consumer information is scarce, social media is a new resource to consider. Social platforms enable retailers to engage with consumers one-on-one, listen to what they are saying about the brand, and provide helpful service and support. That type of information will point to where the wells are needed.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”