Esteemed Contributor

Maybe "See you soon" just means "see when I return for my next presentation" instead of saying goodbye.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Maybe "See you soon" just means "see when I return for my next presentation" instead of saying goodbye.

I agree with you @qbetzforreal .   It's just another way of saying goodbye.  Similar to "Let's do lunch" when speaking in person.   

I, too, work from home and prefer it to the commute in traffic and all kinds of weather.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

If the in home  presentations  were a better sound & visual  quality and If the vendors stuck to providing all the details abt the product along with showing all angles of the item  esp the bottom of shoes , than I wouldn't care .

Most of the vendors sound and visiual quality is crappy .  The vendor Reps  don't always give all the info abt an item.

Customers are just left to order a item and take a chance - pay shipping  or buy elsewhere which is usually the best to save time & money.

Honored Contributor

Not saying it's a "big deal" or a vendor not being there won't stop people from shopping with QVC, I just wondered if they will truly ever come back.  I do miss it sometimes.  I don't like the video quality of the zoom thing and then some vendors were getting phone calls and spending more time watching their phones instead of their presentations.  But, it's all good ... I know it's not my choice.

Honored Contributor

My opinion only...I don't think the venders will come back to the studio unless maybe they live within driving distance.

It is too expensive to fly, stay in a hotel and too dangerous with COVID to travel.

Covid is not going away soon.  It will be around forever just like the other flu viruses.  We just have to learn to live with the changes.  Safety is paramount,

Respected Contributor

Vendors do not need to be in the studio. A total waste of time and money. They present just fine from home. 

Esteemed Contributor

Even if a representative is local I see no need to go to the studio.   No real reason for so many non QVC employees to march in and out on a daily basis, if safety is a true concern.   Keep them home.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the vendors would rather present from their home instead of traveling to QVC.  A 10 minute presentation from home makes more sense than an overnight stay.

Honored Contributor

I think the big concern for the vendors is the travel and I dont blame them, I wouldnt want to travel by plane right now...  I dont mind the vendors presenting from home EXCEPT when their Skype or other connection is lousy or breaks up and you cant even hear or understand them...In fact I rather enjoy some of the experimenting that Q2 does with vendors presenting their products all on their own without a host...Some vendors do these presentations quite well and give LOTS of product information...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Like it or not I think we have to hget used to it for awhile.   The Virus is not going away anytime soon.