Frequent Contributor

Has anyone used both Scrub Daddy sponges and It-Works blocks?  What is the difference between the two items?  I have Scrub Daddy and I really liked them when I first got them but they have become a bit soft & squishy in a relatively short amount of time.  I just saw It-Works advertised but I don't need to order yet another cleaning item if it's not worth the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scrub Daddy vs. It-Works!

I've seen scrub-daddy but have never used one.  I'm skeptical - they look like a regular sponge.  A good promotion for them would be to send out free sample-size scrub-daddies or -mommies.

Respected Contributor

It Works looks like a Mr Clean Magic Eraser.  I use the Scrub Daddy when I clean the sink or bathtub along with Bars Keepers Friend.  I use the magic eraser to remove marks on the walls, or tough scum on items.  Both are great products, but are for different chores.  Why would anyone purchase these items from the Q when they are easier and cheaper to purchase along with your groceries at the store?  Not getting that one. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I've seen scrub-daddy but have never used one.  I'm skeptical - they look like a regular sponge.  A good promotion for them would be to send out free sample-size scrub-daddies or -mommies.

@ValuSkr

I was skeptical too and didn't order for yeas. I finally gave in  and got them on a/d only because i needed new sponges. Well,I love them.They couldn't be more perfect.They last a long time and never smell. They fit perfectly in my hand and whatever item I am washing..lol........... I lov holding on to it whith those holes.......lol

Who would ever think I would fall in love with a sponge  <3

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr

I was skeptical too and didn't order for yeas. I finally gave in  and got them on a/d only because i needed new sponges. Well,I love them.They couldn't be more perfect.They last a long time and never smell. They fit perfectly in my hand and whatever item I am washing..lol........... I lov holding on to it whith those holes.......lol

Who would ever think I would fall in love with a sponge  <3

@MalteseMomma  That made me smile!  He does have a cute face!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

I purchased the Scrub Daddy rectangle shaped a couple years ago as a TSV in yellow.  I bought that shape thinking I could cut them smaller like they showed in the presentation.  WRONG!  When you cut them in half it's okay for a couple of uses and then they start to unravel leaving fibers all over the sink and what I'm trying to clean.

They also do not remove cooked on stains from the bottom of my pans like they say they do.  Will not purchase again.  I don't know about the other sponges you mentioned - sorry.  One poster said they were like Mr. Clean Magic Eraser which I have and use on the stainless plate of my MCM Egg Cooker as the instructions say.