Trusted Contributor

I've been a QVC customer for over 30 years and the best thing I ever purchased was the call blocker.  Whenever some junk call comes through I just push the button and that prevents the person from ever calling us back again.  If they do try, it rings once so we know that the call was previously blocked. 

Esteemed Contributor

This topic is also in Community, started on 9/20. I had to do a double take. I thought it was the same Post. I don´t answer numbers that aren´t in my contacts, so they won´t catch me. In fact, sometimes I won´t even answer numbers that are in my contacts unless you are family.

Valued Contributor

My Dil answers the phone with Geno’s pizzeria !What can I get you?   Then she yells 2 cheese pizzas? And continues until they hang up. Lol!    We do not answer the phone unless we know who it is. Most everyone calls us on our cell phones!

Valued Contributor

got a new scam call from a local # and when I answered it was supposedly from social security stating that someone in Texas was compromising my social security benefits. I knew it was a scam because I am not receiving benefits. I called the # back and it was a dead phone.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what the scammers calling me want, because I never answer the phone if I don't know who the caller is.  If they don't leave a message I block the number.  I can't imagine calling the number back.  Having anything to do with these scammers makes no sense to me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I try not answer, but sometimes I'm waiting for a call and not sure which number they will be using to call me.  I have a call blocker and it doesn't seem to block all calls.  When I look at the number, it is only 4 digits.  What's with that?   There is one business that I keep blocking, but they keep calling from different numbers.  

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I never answer calls from #'s I don't recognize. Then I Google it and ,if necessary, then I block it.

@catter70  @Buffalogal47 

I do the same but it doesnt stop them because they have automatic dialers that just dial digitally.....and if its a spoofed number blocking wont help because thats not the real number they are calling from....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I've been a QVC customer for over 30 years and the best thing I ever purchased was the call blocker.  Whenever some junk call comes through I just push the button and that prevents the person from ever calling us back again.  If they do try, it rings once so we know that the call was previously blocked. 

What is the item number?

Respected Contributor
  • I regularly get calls with an ID that says "Egypt" which I find very weird. I don't answer the Egypt calls but will occasionally answer others just to see what the latest nonsense is about. The calls today from the scammers were numerous.

Some of these people are barely understandable and if you get them off script they have no idea what to do. The guys usually go directly to using cuss words and get flustered (I have to say the women are made of sterner stuff). This one guy asked for the credit card I used the most and I said it was a Visa issued by Imanotstupid. He asked me to repeat it about ten times before it clicked on his head. Then he said a bad word and hung up. I told another guy I would give him my card number only if he would first wire me money so I would know he was trustworthy. He cussed and hung up too. I know...I should get another hobby...but sometimes after the 10th call I just get so irritated that they can so easily hijack my phone that I can't resist giving back a taste of their own medicine.

Respected Contributor

All landline calls go to voicemail. And I only check them about once a month.  Since I stopped checking voicemails all the time, the scam and telemarket calls have dramatically decreased. 

Family and friends can always reach me on my cell phone.