Honored Contributor

Have received two this AM. One from a pharmacy and another wanting to send me something,BUT first I had to talk to their benefits dept. BEWARE!!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I do not answer calls from anyone other than family.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that's a relief!

When I saw the title Scam Calls listed under Q Talk I thought this was going to be about scammers calling with some fakery about "your QVC account" being hacked.

Respected Contributor

I never answer calls from #'s I don't recognize. Then I Google it and ,if necessary, then I block it.

Honored Contributor

Best not to answer phone numbers you don't recognize.  If it is a friend or critical....a message will be left.  I get so many scam calls throughout the day....my ringer is turned off.  There are calls with no messages left everyday on my answering machine.  I don't have to listen to the calls...so the least invasive way to deal with scammers. If I feel like investing the energy, I also google and block numbers that have left no message.  Often the numbers have been spoofed so they will not be found...those are blocked also.  Answering the phone with any phony title (such as CIA field office) unfortunately does not slow them down...they know the game.  Don't answer the phone.

This topic appears regularly so I'm surprised people are still picking up calls from numbers that they don't recognize.  This will only make the calls increase.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Have received two this AM. One from a pharmacy and another wanting to send me something,BUT first I had to talk to their benefits dept. BEWARE!!

Seems like the more you block these calls the more craftier they become. I was just talking to my Mom about scam calls as she received one about someone being in jail and needed to be bailed out. 

Valued Contributor

being retired I am home most of the day. The phone rings constantly all day with these scam calls from people who don't even talk English. I mostly ignore these calls but sometimes I play with them and just to see what they are going to say. From credit card scams to people telling me that my computer has been compromised and I have to open my computer for them so they can fix it. I got a call from someone supposedly from Medicare asking me about my illnesses and trying to tell me I am eligible for braces for my ailing knees. Well I don't have knee problems. It goes on and on with these calls and our government does nothing about it.

Respected Contributor

22 Funny Sayings, Witty Quotes, and Sarcastic Words -

Denise
Honored Contributor

My MIL was in St Francis, Memphis, TN last week- phone in her room rang of which my husband (her oldest son) answered...

drum roll........

It was about a car warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In her hospital room... now that's low, low low..............  those scammers/crooks will stop at nothing!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@catter70 : What you said. Problem solved.