Trusted Contributor

It cannot be easy talking for 3 hours at a time and trying to say original things. I know I could not do it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Shortening of peoples' names, i.e. "Lor" "Court".  This has been discussed alot, and it seems the more we talk about it, the more it happens, seemingly despite what we don't like.  One would think QVC brass would read our comments and try to suggest certain hosts try not to be so cutsie.  You sure don't hear/see veteran show hosts being so silly and full of themselves.   Being a host is such am important job for QVC's survival, and no reason not to stick with what has been proven successful through the years.  If QVC sees from these posts we turn off such nonsense, why do they keep allowing it? Sales must be awfully good; don't know; I don't purchase then...

@just wonder 

Sales havent been good....and one of the categories was apparel.....  And what about new viewers that are locked in their home and found QVC for the first time thinking?????...They arent going to understand or get these "pet names" for vendors.....  Just shows that some hosts are unprofessional and dont understand their job, it's not to goof around and act silly, they are there to sell merchandise!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Sayings by the hosts

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Yes, you ladies who know what the hosts frequently say by heart DEFINITELY watch too much!  

Often I will mute the television and listen to some good music while I am looking at the products.

No, we are not allowed to compare music tastes or define "good," sorry, to each her own!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

You dont have to watch long to hear the SAME phrases over and over ! An idea should hit the Show Producer that perhaps the presentation is too long...viewers lose interest and turn the channel even if there is a product coming up in the show that you might be interested in.....  And check QV's financial report for the last couple of years....sales and revenue continues to decline so something QVC is doing isn't working...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@just wonder wrote:

Shortening of peoples' names, i.e. "Lor" "Court".  This has been discussed alot, and it seems the more we talk about it, the more it happens, seemingly despite what we don't like.  One would think QVC brass would read our comments and try to suggest certain hosts try not to be so cutsie.  You sure don't hear/see veteran show hosts being so silly and full of themselves.   Being a host is such am important job for QVC's survival, and no reason not to stick with what has been proven successful through the years.  If QVC sees from these posts we turn off such nonsense, why do they keep allowing it? Sales must be awfully good; don't know; I don't purchase then...

You don't speak for everyone here, and we are just a small percentage of QVC total viewers.

And a small percentage of customers are the ones that complete surveys that retailers use to evaluate what kind of job they are doing, and what changes are needed to satisfy their customers....  And these Forums are in a way QVC's "survey" of customer opinions..... And this is what the "Community Team" has said, "We strive to continually improve your experience with QVC and appreciate your suggestions."

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sayings by the hosts

[ Edited ]

Pat Dimentri always says.... "all  you have to do is tell us the color and size you want"   Really?   I thought you could guess.  

Frequent Contributor

I get it...probably hard to talk non stop for two or three hours. However, I really can figure out when to wear the shirt all by myself! Don't need the scenarios from the host..." you can wear it going to get the mail or walking your dog. You can wear it with your kids or grandkids. Wear it around the house now until we can all go out. "

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Stinking Cute - Tara

Respected Contributor

@ncmom wrote:

I get it...probably hard to talk non stop for two or three hours. However, I really can figure out when to wear the shirt all by myself! Don't need the scenarios from the host..." you can wear it going to get the mail or walking your dog. You can wear it with your kids or grandkids. Wear it around the house now until we can all go out. "

Oh so true!  Also annoying is when they say to get multiples of something to keep "in the gift closet".

Regular Contributor

I agree...nothing makes me mute the sound quicker than one of the host or guests saying:

But-in for button or Cot-in for cotton. Seriously, where did they go to school? I actually have stopped watching/shopping QVC. When they finally get their pricing, shipping and quality together, I may come back. If they are stil in business. 

Contributor

I've watched many of Dominique's videos. She is an absolute joy to watch and listen to. I've often thought how many hosts could learn so much from her.