Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ugh, guess am watching too much Q as find myself getting annoyed by the overused phrases by the hosts. The one that is ALWAYS said lately when selling is, "since we're all home now more than normal".....Uh, DUH!

Yes, I know, will change the channel!

Respected Contributor

Re: Sayings by the hosts

[ Edited ]

@KKJ: Yeah...you're right. Probably watching a little too much of the Q. Smiley Tongue 

Super Contributor

Amy Stran...

"What you're staring at"

";I'm going to climb into..."

"My friends"

Respected Contributor

Too much Q, "here is your red, your blue, your yellow, etc.  Drives me nuts.  It's not MY red yet, it still is the color QVC picked.  

See, we are all going crazy, lol.

Respected Contributor

Not really a "saying" but rather a misuse of words.  Smiley Happy  "This is going 'quick.'"  No, how about quickly?  If it answers the question of "how," add "ly" and it will most likely be the correct word.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Here's the thing - Mary Beth

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  👍

Valued Contributor

Shortening of peoples' names, i.e. "Lor" "Court".  This has been discussed alot, and it seems the more we talk about it, the more it happens, seemingly despite what we don't like.  One would think QVC brass would read our comments and try to suggest certain hosts try not to be so cutsie.  You sure don't hear/see veteran show hosts being so silly and full of themselves.   Being a host is such am important job for QVC's survival, and no reason not to stick with what has been proven successful through the years.  If QVC sees from these posts we turn off such nonsense, why do they keep allowing it? Sales must be awfully good; don't know; I don't purchase then...

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Shortening of peoples' names, i.e. "Lor" "Court".  This has been discussed alot, and it seems the more we talk about it, the more it happens, seemingly despite what we don't like.  One would think QVC brass would read our comments and try to suggest certain hosts try not to be so cutsie.  You sure don't hear/see veteran show hosts being so silly and full of themselves.   Being a host is such am important job for QVC's survival, and no reason not to stick with what has been proven successful through the years.  If QVC sees from these posts we turn off such nonsense, why do they keep allowing it? Sales must be awfully good; don't know; I don't purchase then...

You don't speak for everyone here, and we are just a small percentage of QVC total viewers.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@just wonder  I can think of one veteran host who is silly and full of herself. Age has nothing to do with being annoying.