Super Contributor

I don't watch QVC on jewlery or cooking days, so I'm saving money today and yesterday. Maybe I shouldn't watch on fashion days either. I have returned more clothes in December and January than I usually do in a year. The sizes are sometimes inaccurate the colors too gaudy and the construction questionable.

There. Now I've vented. I feel a little bit better.

Honored Contributor

@Brigitta

Sorry hearing that you have experienced issues with sizing. Interestingly noticed lately my experience has been positive. In fact, Glad you brought the topic up. 

So since I'm here like to take this opportunity thanking: Martha Stewart denim and tops order. Love! Her line. Logo new pocket leggings another winner.

My beautiful Aran sweater A259709 purchased on clearance and so many more wonderful items and products. I understand nothing in life is perfect nor Qvc- however learning my correct measurements-plus-Qvc garment "click here specs" my shopping experience is enjoyable and fun with fewer returns. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Saving money

[ Edited ]

I have been with qvc  since it was another name, 25+ years. And I must say, I find the sizes & quality to be the worst ever in my time as a customer. Every line is different and even within a given line, there are variations to the “click here” measurements, which is maddening!  Adding to the poor quality & sizing issues is the cost! Clothing at qvc is often much more than a similar items at one of the major department stores or catalogues. 

Im disabled & it’s very difficult & painful for me to navigate a large mall or even a grocery store at times.  So, I purchase clothing from qvc.

I’m not happy with what’s been offered in the past year. I’ve made a late resolution &/or Lenten offering NOT to buy anymore clothing from qvc. 

There are other stores that have an online presence with lower prices & free shipping! The Q just raised their shipping! What’s with that? I do not like if I purchase two colours of the same item, why I’m charged s/h twice....totally ridiculous! 

It’s so easy to just click a few buttons when we see something we like but; the hassle & cost to return is ridiculous.  The Q had better do a reality check & research their clothing issues as I’m sure more customers feel as I do. One last thing...I AM NOT A FAN!!! IM A CUSTOMER & SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gemspirit, I hear you.  Consider using Amazon, major retailers (constant sales, large offerings of styles and sizes, free shipping over a reasonable amount).  Also, there is Ulta and Sephora for a large range of personal products.  You might want to research Walmart’s new site, offering a huge array of products you would never see in their store.  Higher end things.  Walmart is now taking on Amazon, and I think it is just beginning.  Good luck to you!

Honored Contributor

Why? Shop anywhere not pleased with the service. I'll never understand why people complain about QVC and continue doing business with them. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't "save" anything yesterday even though I watched lots of many of the jewelry shows.  I knew when the day began that I was not going to be a buyer.  Nothing aty all to do with what they showed.  I just no longer spend much of anything at all on jewelry -  haven't for over 6 years now, but I don't call what I'm doing saving.  I'm just "re-directing" my money to things I now feel will give me more pleasure than a pretty bauble.  

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit

My exact experiences Gemspirit.  Began buying from other retailers known for quality online; although, must admit I purchased a few things from QVC in the past few months...most recent, a Denim & Co T-shirt that's being returned.

Typical...very thin cotton spandex fabric that feels rubbery and shows my bra when I move...shoulders way too small and hem fabric pulled when stitched causing rippling.

But, there are buyers who don't mind that quality...very surprising to me. We are a consumer base that's been conditioned to expect less because we have no other choice.  So much is made in the big "C" and other countries producing the same quality. Anything of high quality costs so much, most can't afford it. 

But, I found some retailers online that sell high quality at reasonable prices.  I look for those having sales ...start after Chistmas...still on.  50-85% off.  Also look for promos and coupons for free shipping and percent off. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

I continued to buy from QVC far past the time I should, but there are some things I like about the company.

There were items I bought that were unique and good quality...couldn't be found elsewhere. 

Shopping is very convenient and QVC offers detailed information about their products that other retailer don't.  Not only TV presentations...videos, a description, sizing, photos, and reviews, of their products. 

Sometimes, their prices are less than retail...such as the Dyson vacuum cleaner was $130 less. Easy Pay, much easier on my budget than to pay $400 outright.

Even though return shipping is expensive, QVC makes it easy.  Label in the box, I call USPS to schedule a free pickup.  The mailman picks it up the next day when he delivers my mail.  A return now and then doesn't bother me too much, but when it becomes so expensive, many because of poor quality control...and QVC does nothing about it even though other buyers are complaining, it's time to rethink purchasing from QVC.  

Some retailers do not put labels in the box.  So, I have to go online to print a label.  If it's for UPS, I must pay $10.00 extra for a pickup or take it to UPS or a UPS store.  

I actually enjoy watching QVC's programming, particularly, Christmas in July, and closer to Christmas.  Generally, I like all the show hosts, even when they joke around.   Overall, they are pleasant and do a good job. I don't have a problem with any of them that others do.  If I do, I change the channel. 

That doesn't mean i am not irritated with QVC's poor quality control and customer service...enough to stop purchasing...particularly their clothing.  

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT  Thank you for your suggestions. I already do shop on several other online sites & catalogues such as Lands End. I also shop online frequently from M@cys~free shipping, returns & coupons galore!

QVC is one I’ve used because of the visual of the garments. However, at this point, I can no longer rely on even the television visuals. Everything is so inconsistent & I’m just getting tired of it all! 

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I have been with QVC before they called the network QVC. I have seen many many changes & most not for the better.

I didn’t say I continue to buy whilst unhappy with a lot of my clothing purchases. In fact, I said I’m pretty much done with the various clothing lines. 

I also mentioned that I’m physically disabled. The big malls are very difficult for me. Thus, one of the reasons I stayed with the Q regarding clothing.

There are other items I’ve purchased & am fine with & give great reviews.

Im simply very frustrated with the entire clothing situation as, I’m sure many others are.

Peace.