Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sandra just gave out incorrect information about the Q card promo....

@Tadaki wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

She talked about the 40.00 credit for opening a Q card.  She said "When you get your statement, you'll have $40.00 taken off the top".   WRONG.

This is why people get confused about how they are to receive the 40.00 credit.  As many of us already know, the 40.00 credit is on your QVC's account and has nothing to do with the credit card statement.

The hosts really need to give out the correct information.

then i am confused.  How does the $40 credit work?

@Shawnie- Example: Say an item is 80 bucks, you have the $40 credit to put toward the item, thus only paying 40 bucks.

I thought the credit was for a future purchase.  So you open the card and buy an item at the listed price, then you will get a credit that you can use on a future purchase.  

It is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

She talked about the 40.00 credit for opening a Q card.  She said "When you get your statement, you'll have $40.00 taken off the top".   WRONG.

This is why people get confused about how they are to receive the 40.00 credit.  As many of us already know, the 40.00 credit is on your QVC's account and has nothing to do with the credit card statement.

The hosts really need to give out the correct information.

then i am confused.  How does the $40 credit work?

@Shawnie 

I think the confusion comes from the two QVC accounts.  

First, everyone who buys from QVC or even posts to this forum has a QVC account.  It's the one you can access from the home page under "Welcome Guest"/ "My Account".  Where you sign in with your email address and password.

Then, if you have a QVC credit card--called 'QCard'--which is issued by Synchrony Bank, you have another account, which some people also call their QVC account. This is merely a branded credit card, like a Macy's credit card or a JC Penney credit card.  (The main diffference between them being that most of the store credit cards are also regular Visa or Mastercards that can be used anywhere, whereas the Q Card can only be used at QVC, and I think Zulily now.)

Many people, and hosts included, are saying that when you open a QCard, you will get a credit posted on that credit card.  As I am given to understand it, this is incorrect.  Your credit goes on your QVC account (my first paragraph description) at a future date after your QCard is approved and you make a purchase using your new QCard.  And yes, it's not immediate, it takes a few weeks to appear.

If I am incorrect in this assumption, someone please set this straight.

And yes, it is confusing.  @Shawnie , I probably just confused you more!🤗

Valued Contributor

When I opened my Q account i called customer service. They said they sent an email with a code. I never received a code or got to use my credit! That was 5 or 6 years ago. They could at least offer rewards for using it! Oh well, not buying much of anything any more. If I do it has to be something I just can't find elsewhere. How many $30.00 T shirts does one need? I get mine at Kohl's & Penneys. They even have talls for longer arms & bodies. I'm not talking tunics.

Respected Contributor

Makes no sense to me.  My qvc account does not carry balances.  Every discussion i have heard indicates that when you open a QCard you will receive a $40.00 credit on that account in about four weeks i think it said.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Makes no sense to me.  My qvc account does not carry balances.  Every discussion i have heard indicates that when you open a QCard you will receive a $40.00 credit on that account in about four weeks i think it said.  

if the hosts are saying that then it is definitely a mistake! not sure why they are not being corrected.

everyone opening the account should make sure to read the fine print because it is explained well there. it is NOT a synchrony offer it is a qvc offer. buy something by opening a QCARD through synchrony. within about 6 -8 weeks your QVC account online will have a $40 credit (or whatever the offer amount is) as you are checking out. you will see it on your checkout page. it MUST be used within a certain period of time (also in the fine print.) or you lose it. once it is used you cannot get that amount back if you return the item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't trust SB, she will say anything to make a sale and get people to sign up for the Q Card. The hosts know what the deal is, they just have no problem misleading the viewers.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

if the hosts are saying that then it is definitely a mistake! not sure why they are not being corrected.

everyone opening the account should make sure to read the fine print because it is explained well there. it is NOT a synchrony offer it is a qvc offer. buy something by opening a QCARD through synchrony. within about 6 -8 weeks your QVC account online will have a $40 credit (or whatever the offer amount is) as you are checking out. you will see it on your checkout page. it MUST be used within a certain period of time (also in the fine print.) or you lose it. once it is used you cannot get that amount back if you return the item.

Thank you.  I just read the fine print.  Very different from the way i have heard them describe it.  It is very clear in the fine print that this offer has nothing to do with the Qcard other than you get one if you open a card account.  However the money goes on your qvc account (never knew my account could hold a balance) and it cannot be used to pay your qcard.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q card promotions keep changing so often, that l don’t know how anyone— including the hosts— can keep up with them! The terms of the promos should be displayed prominently on the Q’s website, and during their commercials between shows. The hosts should refer us to these.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I think it keeps changing. Every week I hear A different amount. I never received anything like that 30 years ago.No matter if the amounts is wrong they will correct it.

Valued Contributor

I find that Sandra often makes mistakes. She is the one host I can not watch, ever, no matter what she is selling. Just something about her.......