Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 55,414
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Same products over and over

[ Edited ]

Huh... maybe the same complaints about lack of variety have been resounding for years because they've been offering the same basic array for years... And especially for Christmas.

 

Folks can choose to argue their points all the want, but the programming has essentially become stale and static. There isn't enough variety and yes, while most retailers carry the same things for long periods, they're also constantly and consistently adding to their inventory. They don't keep pushing the same ten brands and the same fifteen items.

 

The OP's comments really aren't about what we're buying or whether we're happier buying more or less, they're about the incessant repetition of televised merchandise and at no time is that more in your face than during the supposed holiday shopping season, which  now lasts from July through mid-December. That's an awful lot of redundancy.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@stevieb wrote:

Huh... maybe the same complaints about lack of variety have been resounding for years because they've been offering the same basic array for years... And especially for Christmas.

 

Folks can choose to argue their points all the want, but the programming has essentially become stale and static. There isn't enough variety and yes, while most retailers carry the same things for long periods, they're also constantly and consistently adding to their inventory. They don't keep pushing the same ten brands and the same fifteen items.

 

The OP's comments really aren't about what we're buying or whether we're happier buying more or less, they're about the incessant repetition of televised merchandise and at no time is that more in your face than during the supposed holiday shopping season, which  now lasts from July through mid-December. That's an awful lot of redundancy.


So why on earth are they still here/watching?   There are other places to go.  Oh yeah, every other place is the same way.  I hit Williams Sanoma about every 6 months and guess what? It's pretty much the same stuff as the last time with exception of some seasonal/holiday stuff.   And a lot of that can be bought on Q or Amazon.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,660
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Same products over and over

I understand that some people are not able to go out to shop but why does that limit you to onlyQVC?  All the major dept stores have web sites not to mention the hundreds of other sites.  Why complain about the limited selection on QVC as if they are the only alternative available place to purchase from?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 55,414
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Same products over and over

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

I understand that some people are not able to go out to shop but why does that limit you to onlyQVC?  All the major dept stores have web sites not to mention the hundreds of other sites.  Why complain about the limited selection on QVC as if they are the only alternative available place to purchase from?


So true. There are a huge array of retailers from which to choose and shop on-line, but unfortunatley, being able to see items presented is limited to just a few TV shopping venues. Hence the desire by many to see more variety featured and less of the same old song, over and over, day in and day out.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,563
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

Re: Same products over and over

The repetition has become mind-numbing...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,747
Registered: ‎10-30-2010

Re: Same products over and over

In my opinion it's because of the easy pay. In today's age there is absolutely no reason to shop somewhere that people seem to find repetitive and boring. 

 

I personally pretty much only watch/record the shows that are of interest to me. Philosophy, Wen, and most of the beauty shows. I do not have or want a Vitamix and  I already have a Dyson therefore, there is no need for me to tune in for these shows.

 

I have read where people have written that QVC, is in the business of entertainment. I believe that to be so, but do you stay on that one channel, for all of your entertainment needs?

 

I will use myself as an example. There is one show that I really like on the AMC channel. They have tons of other shows and programming, but I only watch about one hour a week. I tune to other channels to round out my viewing experience.

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 55,414
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@debic wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Huh... maybe the same complaints about lack of variety have been resounding for years because they've been offering the same basic array for years... And especially for Christmas.

 

Folks can choose to argue their points all the want, but the programming has essentially become stale and static. There isn't enough variety and yes, while most retailers carry the same things for long periods, they're also constantly and consistently adding to their inventory. They don't keep pushing the same ten brands and the same fifteen items.

 

The OP's comments really aren't about what we're buying or whether we're happier buying more or less, they're about the incessant repetition of televised merchandise and at no time is that more in your face than during the supposed holiday shopping season, which  now lasts from July through mid-December. That's an awful lot of redundancy.


So why on earth are they still here/watching?   There are other places to go.  Oh yeah, every other place is the same way.  I hit Williams Sanoma about every 6 months and guess what? It's pretty much the same stuff as the last time with exception of some seasonal/holiday stuff.   And a lot of that can be bought on Q or Amazon.   


As has been said many times before, many making the point aren't still watching... As for Williams Sonoma, it's somewhat a speciality store. i personally wouldn't expect a huge variety from them. QVC deals in general merchandise, where variety needs to be more of a factor.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,522
Registered: ‎11-20-2013

Re: Same products over and over

HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU PRESENT THE SAME OIL PRODUCTS??? Oh wait ... was I yelling? Must have lost it for a moment. Woman Frustrated

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@stevieb wrote:

@debic wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Huh... maybe the same complaints about lack of variety have been resounding for years because they've been offering the same basic array for years... And especially for Christmas.

 

Folks can choose to argue their points all the want, but the programming has essentially become stale and static. There isn't enough variety and yes, while most retailers carry the same things for long periods, they're also constantly and consistently adding to their inventory. They don't keep pushing the same ten brands and the same fifteen items.

 

The OP's comments really aren't about what we're buying or whether we're happier buying more or less, they're about the incessant repetition of televised merchandise and at no time is that more in your face than during the supposed holiday shopping season, which  now lasts from July through mid-December. That's an awful lot of redundancy.


So why on earth are they still here/watching?   There are other places to go.  Oh yeah, every other place is the same way.  I hit Williams Sanoma about every 6 months and guess what? It's pretty much the same stuff as the last time with exception of some seasonal/holiday stuff.   And a lot of that can be bought on Q or Amazon.   


As has been said many times before, many making the point aren't still watching... As for Williams Sonoma, it's somewhat a speciality store. i personally wouldn't expect a huge variety from them. QVC deals in general merchandise, where variety needs to be more of a factor.


LOL, I'm sure any store I mentioned would have the some kind of defense.  Almost all stores are the same way.

 

*ETA*  And if no one is watching, there's nothing to complain about right?  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 55,414
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@debic wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@debic wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Huh... maybe the same complaints about lack of variety have been resounding for years because they've been offering the same basic array for years... And especially for Christmas.

 

Folks can choose to argue their points all the want, but the programming has essentially become stale and static. There isn't enough variety and yes, while most retailers carry the same things for long periods, they're also constantly and consistently adding to their inventory. They don't keep pushing the same ten brands and the same fifteen items.

 

The OP's comments really aren't about what we're buying or whether we're happier buying more or less, they're about the incessant repetition of televised merchandise and at no time is that more in your face than during the supposed holiday shopping season, which  now lasts from July through mid-December. That's an awful lot of redundancy.


So why on earth are they still here/watching?   There are other places to go.  Oh yeah, every other place is the same way.  I hit Williams Sanoma about every 6 months and guess what? It's pretty much the same stuff as the last time with exception of some seasonal/holiday stuff.   And a lot of that can be bought on Q or Amazon.   


As has been said many times before, many making the point aren't still watching... As for Williams Sonoma, it's somewhat a speciality store. i personally wouldn't expect a huge variety from them. QVC deals in general merchandise, where variety needs to be more of a factor.


LOL, I'm sure any store I mentioned would have the some kind of defense.  Almost all stores are the same way.

 

*ETA*  And if no one is watching, there's nothing to complain about right?  


Not so much...  What many are saying is they'd like to enjoy watching and shopping here again, but they're weary of tuning in or checking the program listing and seeing the same things in the rotation. It's a common theme found in numerous posts by numerous posters across many threads throughout the many forums that comprise these boards. For those whose needs are met by their narrow branding, that's great but for those who are increasingly moving away from QVC because of it, it's unfortunate...

 

As for those many stores, to the extent that they truly are specialty stores, then a certain consistency is almost a given but again, for those who offer general merchandise, a consistent influx of new merchandise along with maintaining the staples is pretty much the norm.

 

As for QVC, it comes down to acknowledging that there are different points of view about it's current operation.

 

Wishing you and all a nice Thanksgiving.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...