Esteemed Contributor

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Q keeps having the same items over and over.  When you go into the B & M stores, there is a variety of items/gifts to choose from.  I know, then why don't I go there?  Because I am physically not able to shop for very long.  I do most of my shopping online.  I hardly watch, but do go on "Items recently on". It must be difficult for the hosts, too.  Please, QVC, give us some variety.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Q keeps having the same items over and over.  When you go into the B & M stores, there is a variety of items/gifts to choose from.  I know, then why don't I go there?  Because I am physically not able to shop for very long.  I do most of my shopping online.  I hardly watch, but do go on "Items recently on". It must be difficult for the hosts, too.  Please, QVC, give us some variety.

I disagree, B&M stores have the same thing as much as the Q does.  They move things around to make it look like different stuff, doesn't mean it is.  They change out seasonal items as well.

I don't think they expect customers to be watching the same thing over and over.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Same products over and over

Same items over and over because they sell!  Thousands and thousands.

I buy WEN. I buy Philosophy, I buy Graver, and a bit of Dr. Perricone.  Anything else I buy amounts to next to nothing - although if they show Vitamix a few more times, I swear I'm going to end up buying one of those,too.

I've been buying QVC for almost as long as it's been on the air - and I doubt I'll ever buy any more jewelry and I know I'm not buying makeup.  I can't even imagine what they might show different that would entice me and if they ever stop showing the standards that I like, then I suspect I'd curtail my buying even more than I already have.

I used to buy lots more from QVC than I do now, but the interesting thing to me is that once I stopped buying too much here, I didn't move that money to other retail!  Insread, I bought a new roof, saved remodeling money for the interior of my old condo, and upped my donation levels. Overall, I'm happier with that than I was when I was buying and buying and buying.  Now I'm in control instead of my TV and my tablet!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I can't even imagine how tired the host must get of presenting the same darn things week, after week, after week. I know I get tired of watching it. I could see myself as a QVC host thinking one day I might just have to end it all before presenting yet another darn Dyson. Ha!!!

Honored Contributor

I agree about the same old, same old.  I go way back on QVC and I remember a much better variety.

Every time I switch over to QVC they are showing "the value of the day".  That's why I seldom watch HSN.

Good grief ladies, don't you remember some of the clothes especially that were made by people who didn't have zillion dollar backing? 

Remember the lady (I can see her, slightly overweight, pretty, had an accent, blond hair) and she sold sweaters that had themes.  They weren't gaudy but were beautifully made.  If I wasn't go lazy I'd go to my winter closet and pull it down.

Where are people who have imaginations (other than Bob).  I like the colorful Isaac's clothes but I understand the loudness doesn't appeal to all.

QVC used to offer more of a variety.  I'm soooo tired of Clark, the guy from Australia and his girlfriend's foot issues, and so on.

Let's go back a few years and drag out some people who have good products but aren't backed by QVC and billions $$.

Super Contributor

indigo moon had nice sweaters and so did storybook knots Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

ITA!  I remember when the sold not only womens boots but mens as well.  I bought a pair for my DH, he loves them, and wish they would sell them again.  The Q used to have such a fantastic  variety now it is the same thing over  and over again.  If I see one more Vitamix TSV, where they show it for hours on end, I will scream.

Speaking of mens boots, why don't they sell more products for men? and I don't mean those cheap wrenchs they show time and time again.  I know that I along with a lot of women I know shop for the men in their families as most men really don't enjoy shopping.    They should sell scarfs, great fleece shirts, gloves, jeans, etc., etc.  

Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I disagree, B&M stores have the same thing as much as the Q does.  They move things around to make it look like different stuff, doesn't mean it is.  They change out seasonal items as well.

I don't think they expect customers to be watching the same thing over and over.

I agree completely. Other stores are also pushing the same things over and over. Sephora advertises something new and I go visit the site or the store and there's the new thing, backed up by all the things they pushed last week and the week before and the week before. That's how things work. You can't run a business off only selling the latest and greatest, you need staples. QVC is no different except for the24/7 TV part.

If they sold more variety before and don't know, it's because it wasn't working for them anymore. 

If you want new things, don't go to the "Items recently on air" list because that's where you'll find staples they push a lot of. Instead, log in and use the SHOP BY CATEGORY menu to choose a category, like Beauty or Fashion. Click the category and ignore the popup with the brands. Use the menu on the left side to select New Arrivals. Now you'll see only the latest offerings in the chosen category, not the same old, same old.

If you don't watch much and shop more online, you have more control over what you see. Use that control and don't limit yourself to the items most recently on air.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  It's the same old, same old.  They seem to rotate the same products over and over, year after year.   When I first started with QVC 25 years ago, shopping with them was kind of like going to the mall and being able to wndow shop and see all sorts of different and unique items.  Now it's just like going to Wal-Mart and being able to buy only Sam's Choice and Faded Glory brands lol.  Heck, even going to the malls you'll see different fashions and styles each season.  Not so at QVC.  You'll see the same old SG barn jackets and polyester tops year after year.  If you're lucky, they may add a new shade of olive to the lineup.

Respected Contributor

Same old same old complaints as well.

This complaint has been going on for years as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*