Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I could not agree with you more , these people that are complaining need to stop watching so much QVC , to nit pick every host.

@MW in Iowa - QVC is a TV Shopping Channel and your suggestion is for people is to stop watching?! Maybe it should be that QVC should hire people who are suited for the job.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Re: Same old complaints.

[ Edited ]

So the recommendation is to keep our opinions to ourselves and/or find something else to do....With more and more places in the U.S. opening up QVC/Qurate could go back to its pre-pandemic days and find their revenues and sales declining once again like they had been experiencing for several years....And as many of us have stated, WE DO TURN THE CHANNEL and dont purchase products! Woman Frustrated

But encouraging people to just "stay away or keep your keep your complaints/opinions to themselves" isnt going to help Qurate's bottom line....Perhaps a better solution  is for QVC to pay attention to their customers.  ..... The start of JCP's decline was when they didnt listen to their customers and did away with what customer's liked, and the struggle began and they continue to struggle....I went to a Business Conference and although a lot of topics didnt impact my company, as a consumer I found it very interesting ....most of it was about "knowing your customer and their likes/dislikes"....so apparently this has merit....they also highlighted companies that didnt follow this forumula and the result was they are no longer in business...

Perhaps some folks need to explore and put their focus on a new Facebook Page thats out there called, "WE LOVE QVC", and stop reading posts on the Forum that bother you......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that it is just fine for the OP to express her opinion. What bugs me is when someone comes after her for what they apparently see as hypocritically complaining herself. I hate that kind of logic that dismisses a legit thread.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

I find the same old complaints about the same issues here and wonder why these people keep watching QVC. 

No, I do not watch wall-to-wall QVC. But I have watched enoug to find that the hosts are prepared and do a great job. Mistakes? Sure.

I was a casting director in NYC and cast for TV shows, Infomercials and TV commercials.

'Hosting' may look easy - it's not. Often they are presenting numerous items over 3-4 hours with details on each product- a producer in your ear and talking with a guest.

In front of 90 million people. It's not easy. I've seen many a actor/ candidate in call backs simply not able to juggle it all.

QVC hosts and vendors provide a wealth of info on a product, along with information on line.

If that;s not enough for you, perhaps shop elsewhere.

So maybe if a candidate "cant juggle it all", perhaps that means a QVC host job isnt for them.....there are LOTS of shows where product info is lacking on air and online (questions posted online on the product page are also ignored) instead we are "treated" to a bunch of nonsense (doing the chicken dance, personal stories, fantasy stories, gigglefests etc etc) which have nothing to do with the product, and important information is lacking, and so are the sales... ....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant  DITTO................

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

With all due respect I do not agree with you. First of all what isn't a hard job? If you love what you are doing it's worth the effort. When a host talks about her family constantly she is not doing her job. I have no interest in your children each time you show an item. Talk about the item you are selling. When you constantly mispronounce words you are not doing your job, even worse when you make up your own vocabulary. Mumbling is not doing your job. I can go on and on. Please,  these people are not finding a cure for cancer, they are selling a shirt. 

Thse are the people the op was talking about , too much time on their hands for sure. Go to a brick and mortar store if you don't like the hosts. I bet Amy has really good sales.

Well an interesting fact is apparel sales have been in decline even before the pandemic (check out the threads on QVC's financial report posted here on Q Talk)....And arent Amy's shows mostly apparel shows?????.... 

Perhaps you can clarify something for me, please tell me how her personal view about hell (she actually talked about how she prefers hell over heaven because that way she can party with her friends----you know one of those off the topic questions some of the hosts are so fond of)....this of course was said tongue in check but what of all things does this have to do with selling clothes.??!?!?!?...🤔  This is the kind of silliness some of us are talking about....And after this dissertation, I was no longer going to wait around hoping to hear some information about the top I had been interested in and so I just grabbed my remote----but what was sad, QVC lost a sale---Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

A post complaining about people complianing.  QVC is not the be all to end all.  Everyone knows they can choose to shop somewhere else or change the channel.  People can also choose to skip over posts and thread which they know will annoy them.

I do all three.  QVC has now set up these segments like they are mini talk shows, meant to entertain while sellings which is why there so much more banter between the hosts and models and vendors.

A few hosts are so busy chitchatting, they do miss out giving pertinent information.  QVC is not inexpensive and it cost money to send something back.  Yes, you can go online but it is also the hosts' and producers' responsibility to provide the proper information so that the customer can make an informed decision

Honored Contributor

It must also be a bitter pill for some to swallow to wake up each morning and realize, once again, she is still not a mod. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Let VENDORS present their products solo.  Hosts really are not needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I find the same old complaints about the same issues here and wonder why these people keep watching QVC. 

No, I do not watch wall-to-wall QVC. But I have watched enoug to find that the hosts are prepared and do a great job. Mistakes? Sure.

I was a casting director in NYC and cast for TV shows, Infomercials and TV commercials.

'Hosting' may look easy - it's not. Often they are presenting numerous items over 3-4 hours with details on each product- a producer in your ear and talking with a guest.

In front of 90 million people. It's not easy. I've seen many a actor/ candidate in call backs simply not able to juggle it all.

QVC hosts and vendors provide a wealth of info on a product, along with information on line.

If that;s not enough for you, perhaps shop elsewhere.

@ellaphant I don't know how difficult the job is, but I do know the hosts are paid well, and they get a lot of freebies with the job, so no sympathy here. The hosts don't need you to defend them they are doing just fine.