Super Contributor

I hope people that read your post realize that they do have a right to 
rehash their concerns and complaints! 

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager They throw that 90 million number out a lot.   It is most likely available to 90 million viewers (cable) but certainly many of those "available" to watch QVC have never seen it.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Same old complaints.

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2   I'm not rehashing anything.   I responded to a post.. I'm allowed to do that.   Of course I couldn't (and wouldn't want to) do their job.   But they should!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Onefineday, for starting this thread!  I started participating on the forums to find like-minded QVC shoppers and compare product information.  It was fun to go into more detail about purchases and share experiences. 

Eventually, shopping expanded to life experiences, and forum members' travel, pets, and family stories began to integrate into many of the strands. It is now almost over the top with people wanting to share television shows, books, recipes, illnesses, and so forth. I am not sure why QVC allows so many topics unrelated to the shopping channel.  I also do not know why people complain about hosts not sticking to the topic of the product, when most of the threads are unrelated to QVC now.

Unfortunately many shoppers appear to have too much time on their hands and perhaps, unfulfilling lives, because they seem to make QVC complaints the center of their forum universe. 

I agree with you that the majority of us could not do the host job or even want the host job. I also agree that all hosts are quite competent, and nit-picking every detail on these forums is so tiresome.  It is also a bit sad.  

I am starting to think that the QVC forums have lost their purpose and should be completely eliminated. 

Honored Contributor

I totally agree.  It's why so many posters have abandoned this board. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Thanks, Onefineday, for starting this thread!  I started participating on the forums to find like-minded QVC shoppers and compare product information.  It was fun to go into more detail about purchases and share experiences. 

Eventually, shopping expanded to life experiences, and forum members' travel, pets, and family stories began to integrate into many of the strands. It is now almost over the top with people wanting to share television shows, books, recipes, illnesses, and so forth. I am not sure why QVC allows so many topics unrelated to the shopping channel.  I also do not know why people complain about hosts not sticking to the topic of the product, when most of the threads are unrelated to QVC now.

Unfortunately many shoppers appear to have too much time on their hands and perhaps, unfulfilling lives, because they seem to make QVC complaints the center of their forum universe. 

I agree with you that the majority of us could not do the host job or even want the host job. I also agree that all hosts are quite competent, and nit-picking every detail on these forums is so tiresome.  It is also a bit sad.  

I am starting to think that the QVC forums have lost their purpose and should be completely eliminated. 

@FancyPhillyshopper  You do see the list of Forums to your left on this page right? Those are ones offered here by QVC to post on. TV, pets,books, recipes etc. Why are you saying you don't know why QVC allows this? No reason to say the forums should be eliminated. If you cease posting they will be eliminated for you. Goodness!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper  You do see the list of Forums to your left on this page right? Those are ones offered here by QVC to post on. TV, pets,books, recipes etc. Why are you saying you don't know why QVC allows this? No reason to say the forums should be eliminated. If you cease posting they will be eliminated for you. Goodness!

I so agree @proudlyfromNJ .  And "over the top with people sharing tv shows, books, etc"   Are you kidding me?   That's what is allowed on these forums!  I would say to OP & @FancyPhillyshopper  that If you are so annoyed by what's discussed here then why come here?  

Now WHO'S the one complaining? 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ  Exactly. @ellaphant 's OP is a complaint so it's "do as I say, not as I do."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Johnnyeager They throw that 90 million number out a lot.   It is most likely available to 90 million viewers (cable) but certainly many of those "available" to watch QVC have never seen it.   

Wondering about the math....let's see.....even if they are wrong about the 90 million households QVC is in....and I agree that not all 90 million are viewing at the same time....BUT....even if that number is only half....

30 or so of the same people here complaining about hosts etc....what would be the percentage compared to viewership?   Would it even equal a pin head?

I think these boards are a small representation  of QVC shoppers, yet we expect QVC to do what we say.

I also agree with the poster who said these hosts are on Prime Time, and often, so why would they be if they didn't have good sales?

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

While I agree with @ellaphant that hosting is not easy, it behooves the powers that be hire people that can do the job well.  Of course mistakes are going to happen, no one, even the complainers, are perfect all the time.  It's live, no second and third takes like films and TV shows. There are some outstanding, professional hosts that rarely have a misstep and others that are really not as well suited without additional training, elocution lessons, and coaching on how to be professional.  Some just need to move on IMHO.  Of course based on those that have been let go of late, Q has no clue.

@mspatmac - Perfectly said. To save money, over time, Q has let go of some 'watchable' salespeople who did a good job and replaced them with younger people who have no experience and zero 'attractability' to draw in and keep an audience in the hopes of sales.

Q is hoping that these young hosts will attract and appeal to a younger set of shoppers - Not going to happen. If you mention "QVC" to anyone under 30, they snicker or laugh. Instead, they're losing the mature (in their eyes it's anyone over 35) shoppers who do not want to put up with the silly antics, speed-talking, mumbling, or reading-from-a-script hosts.

Is it really that difficult to find 'host-material qualities' such as Jayne, Pat, Dave, Leah, Rick, Mary Beth, etc., etc. Naturally, they wouldn't be to their levels, but even somewhat close.

F/N/A luvstogarden