Respected Contributor

I find the same old complaints about the same issues here and wonder why these people keep watching QVC. 

No, I do not watch wall-to-wall QVC. But I have watched enoug to find that the hosts are prepared and do a great job. Mistakes? Sure.

I was a casting director in NYC and cast for TV shows, Infomercials and TV commercials.

'Hosting' may look easy - it's not. Often they are presenting numerous items over 3-4 hours with details on each product- a producer in your ear and talking with a guest.

In front of 90 million people. It's not easy. I've seen many a actor/ candidate in call backs simply not able to juggle it all.

QVC hosts and vendors provide a wealth of info on a product, along with information on line.

If that;s not enough for you, perhaps shop elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

AMEN!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I find the same old complaints about the same issues here and wonder why these people keep watching QVC. 

No, I do not watch wall-to-wall QVC. But I have watched enoug to find that the hosts are prepared and do a great job. Mistakes? Sure.

I was a casting director in NYC and cast for TV shows, Infomercials and TV commercials.

'Hosting' may look easy - it's not. Often they are presenting numerous items over 3-4 hours with details on each product- a producer in your ear and talking with a guest.

In front of 90 million people. It's not easy. I've seen many a actor/ candidate in call backs simply not able to juggle it all.

QVC hosts and vendors provide a wealth of info on a product, along with information on line.

If that;s not enough for you, perhaps shop elsewhere.

@ellaphant  This is pretty much what you expressed on @dulwich 's thread about a color mix-up with Amy hosting.

Same old complaint.

Respected Contributor

With all due respect I do not agree with you. First of all what isn't a hard job? If you love what you are doing it's worth the effort. When a host talks about her family constantly she is not doing her job. I have no interest in your children each time you show an item. Talk about the item you are selling. When you constantly mispronounce words you are not doing your job, even worse when you make up your own vocabulary. Mumbling is not doing your job. I can go on and on. Please,  these people are not finding a cure for cancer, they are selling a shirt. 

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant   You're on a roll girl - keep going.  Have a nice day.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   There you go same  ol same ol!

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

With all due respect I do not agree with you. First of all what isn't a hard job? If you love what you are doing it's worth the effort. When a host talks about her family constantly she is not doing her job. I have no interest in your children each time you show an item. Talk about the item you are selling. When you constantly mispronounce words you are not doing your job, even worse when you make up your own vocabulary. Mumbling is not doing your job. I can go on and on. Please,  these people are not finding a cure for cancer, they are selling a shirt. 

Exactly! They are selling a shirt! Give the complaining a rest!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   There you go same  ol same ol!

@dulwich  Despite no emoji I assume you are being facetious. 😉

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant  On the other hand, possibly the job isn't for them.   Most would excuse and occasional mistake... but time after time of not giving out pertinent info and as someone else said talking about family etc. is unacceptable.    The older hosts are able to manage without any problems.   In my opinion many of the complaints are legit.  

Trusted Contributor

The point is, that some of them aren't talking about the shirt!  They are talking about traveling, their kids, the squirrel, ballet, NYC, or asking guests intrusive questions (Shawn) ; many things other than the shirt!

Just as we can not watch QVC if it bugs us, we can pass by threads that bother us.