Respected Contributor

Same Company different price

QVC had a pair of Vince Camuto shoes on sale for 54.95 the size and color I wanted was no longer available. I checked on HSN and they had the exact same shoe in my size and color but they were 99.95 for five flex pays. I dont understand why they are not the same price if they have merged into one company. I really wanted the shoes so I bought them, however I think if they are going to operate as one company they should at least keep the same prices for the same items.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Re: Same Company different price

@hsawaknow wrote:

QVC had a pair of Vince Camuto shoes on sale for 54.95 the size and color I wanted was no longer available. I checked on HSN and they had the exact same shoe in my size and color but they were 99.95 for five flex pays. I dont understand why they are not the same price if they have merged into one company. I really wanted the shoes so I bought them, however I think if they are going to operate as one company they should at least keep the same prices for the same items.

Both shopping channels are owned The Qurate Group. They are not the same company.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

company they should at least keep the same prices for the same items.

Both shopping channels are owned The Qurate Group. They are not the same company.

When are people gonna get that???

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

company they should at least keep the same prices for the same items.

When are people gonna get that???

Maybe when people believe that Antonella is not wearing a wig. Smiley Wink

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@hsawaknow   I noticed a price difference too. Did you try checking shoes.com? Or the Vince Camuto website? Lot’s of times I’ve saved a bundle doing that.

A few weeks ago I saw a pair of Clark’s sandals that I really liked on QVC.It was priced at $89.I checked the Clark’s website & I got it for 30% off plus free shipping. 

I have found that QVC no longer offers good values.The internet & Google are good ways to look for better deals.

Honored Contributor

You are correct - QVC and HSN are both part of the same company, Qurate Retail Group.  And, last fall, Qurate combined HSN and QVC US into a new business unit called QXH.  It's interesting the Camuto shoes would have such radically different prices, but QVC and HSN are still operated as separate brands with - presumably - different strategies, including pricing.  Maybe that will change in time.  Meanwhile, it pays to shop around.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hsawaknow wrote:

@hsawaknow 

They haven't merged.

Liberty Media - Parent company - Chairman/majority owner - John Malone

CEO Greg Maffei

Qurate Retail Group - Name of the Retail division of Liberty Media - CEO Michael George

The following retailers are listed under Qurate.

QVC - CEO Michael George

HSN - CEO Michael Fitzharris

Zulily - CEO Jeff Yurcism

There are a few more, as well.  

To make it more confusing, QVC and HSN are integrating digital and video platforms into one business unit called QXH, but the companies are still operating independently.  

It may appear QVC has had influence on HSN, probably because QVC's CEO is also CEO of Qurate.  

Even though both QVC and HSN are now selling some of the same products, it looks like they are still setting their own prices.  Possibly, why you saw the price difference. 

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@hsawaknow   I noticed a price difference too. Did you try checking shoes.com? Or the Vince Camuto website? Lot’s of times I’ve saved a bundle doing that.

A few weeks ago I saw a pair of Clark’s sandals that I really liked on QVC.It was priced at $89.I checked the Clark’s website & I got it for 30% off plus free shipping. 

I have found that QVC no longer offers good values.The internet & Google are good ways to look for better deals.

Amazon’s another potential source. I love the Clarks flip flops that were on QVC last week. The host kept saying you could only get some of the colors on QVC. The price was good, but I wanted 2 colors, so I’d be paying about$10 for shipping. I checked Amazon. They had both of the colors I wanted. One cost about the same as the QVC price, the other was almost $10 less. Best of all, they were both Prime, so I got free shipping and 2 day delivery. 🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find it odd that the prices would be different on the shoes, but that happens with a lot of merchandise sold on both channels.

I posted in December that HSN was selling that beauty advent calendar for X amount of dollars but it was the Beauty IQ Steal on QVC and significantly cheaper.

Last weekend I caught a Tweak'd show with MBR and the hairspray duo was $11.00 cheaper on QVC than HSN.  There are other products I've noticed have different prices as well.

@hsawaknow, I know which shoes you are talking about because I wanted them as well.  I searched around and QVC had the best price on them.  I didn't order because of some bad reviews saying they are uncomfortable.  

If you ordered them from HSN at the 99.00 price, they are now on clearance for $74.00 and change.  Call and get a price adjustment.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

There was an article in the Tampa Bay Times in March, 2019.  According to Qurate, HSN has officially been absorbed by QVC but will maintain its own branding, network and local offices.

So yes, they have officially merged as of December, 2018.